Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Pin Cushion Challenge Bermuda Guild of Stitchery 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/pin-cushion-challenge-bermuda-guild-stitchery-2014-a-t247401.html)

MargeD 05-27-2014 08:08 AM

What a gorgeous pin cushion, almost too beautiful to use, but it will be a great addition to your sewing room.

roserips 05-27-2014 08:30 AM

Not only is she useful but full of special memories as well. She is gorgeous.

twinkie 05-27-2014 01:44 PM

That is gorgeous

quiltstringz 05-27-2014 01:59 PM

Wow...............

fran624 05-28-2014 05:37 AM

Wow that is beautiful Would love to know how to attach the head & hands to the bottom of the pincushion. Thank you so much for showing this.

Kathryn Garcia 05-28-2014 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by fran624 (Post 6734527)
Wow that is beautiful Would love to know how to attach the head & hands to the bottom of the pincushion. Thank you so much for showing this.

Thank you Fran! I cut a square of the turquoise velvet. Made a little hole in the middle and slipped over her head. Folded the velvet in half (with the head on) and slightly stuffed her upper chest and arms . Hand sewed down a 'tube' shaped to make the arms. Pushed in hands and made the cuff tight to hold them. Hope this is of help?????

litacats 05-28-2014 09:25 PM

that is so beautiful

fran624 05-29-2014 06:03 AM

Thank you Kathryn That helps a lot. Now how to attach to the bottom of the pin cushion. I have porcelain head which I have put on a plastic cone & made lace dresses for them also crocheted dress to make an angel but am not too good at sewing. Sorry to bother you so much but I really love your creation. You are very talented. I have booked marked this & whenever I open this pc I come to stare at the beautiful pincushion you made. Thank you again

IBQUILTIN 05-29-2014 07:54 AM

She is so pretty. Are your pin cushions supposed to be used? I don't think I could stick pins in her, she is too sweet

Kathryn Garcia 05-29-2014 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by fran624 (Post 6735871)
Thank you Kathryn That helps a lot. Now how to attach to the bottom of the pin cushion. I have porcelain head which I have put on a plastic cone & made lace dresses for them also crocheted dress to make an angel but am not too good at sewing. Sorry to bother you so much but I really love your creation. You are very talented. I have booked marked this & whenever I open this pc I come to stare at the beautiful pincushion you made. Thank you again

No bother at all I love helping you! After I made her 'skirt' and stuffed it, I cut a hole in the top, pushed her velvet torso in the hole and did some hand stitching to hold her in. I hope this helps you. She is not on any stick or pole or anything, if that makes sense? Thank you so much for liking what I make!