Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Probably nobody else will find this funny! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/probably-nobody-else-will-find-funny-t98185.html)

blossom808 02-11-2011 10:38 AM

My hubby too has cancer. I almost lost him 2times. Im very lucky he is still with us. The Doctors are surprized too. I say mind over matter. I rub his spot and take it out and throw it away and fill it with love. He had a scan done and we dont see the spot anymore but time will tell. Hopefully its gone for good. Prayers will go out to you and your hubby.

starshine 02-11-2011 11:07 AM

Hugs and prayers for you and your husband. I can see how it would strike him as funny since he recovered.

cag1949 02-11-2011 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
It is good you are both able to keep a sense of humor. I am so sorry to hear that this horrible illness is trying to claim another victim. Hugs and prayers for both of you.

I agree. Hugs.

Arleners 02-11-2011 08:42 PM

You have to find humor in these situations. When my father passed away, he was cremated. My mother wanted to spread his ashes someplace special, but she couldn't make up her mind where for a long time. My sister and I would call her up on a regular basis and ask her, "Mom, do you still have Daddy in the China Cabinet?" (She kept him there for about 2 years.

danece 02-11-2011 10:40 PM

You know they say the laughter is the best medicine, it seems to be working for you guys, our prayers are with you during these times

rob529 02-11-2011 10:51 PM

My SIL and myself told her Dad that we had labels and were picking out which stuff we wanted. I'll always remember that smile. You and your family are in my prayers.
Robin in TX

mayday 02-12-2011 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
It is good you are both able to keep a sense of humor. I am so sorry to hear that this horrible illness is trying to claim another victim. Hugs and prayers for both of you.

ditto, am so very sad for you both , it is tragic; keeping spirits up is a necessity.

drgranny 02-18-2011 05:20 PM

I always say that if I die first my DH will marry the first bimbo that comes along. He says, No, I won't marry her!

willquilt81 02-21-2011 04:53 AM

I think it is terrific that you have such a fantastic relationship with this wonderful man! My prayers and thoughts are with both of you that you will enjoy everyday to its fullest...silly jokes and all!

wildyard 03-07-2011 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by redpurselady
Coping with life's difficulties successfully is all about attitude. I applaud you and your DHs wonderful attitude. God bless you both during this time. I pray He comforts you and never stops embracing you.

I entirely agree and second this. I think you should tell him you can't get rid of his clothes cuz you are going to recycle them into quilts!!