Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Project Runway (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/project-runway-t142733.html)

lheartsl 08-05-2011 08:04 AM

yup sure do, go hooked on it watching reruns last week... now I cant wait for thursday to come

tutty 08-05-2011 08:08 AM

Love it !

stitchinwitch 08-05-2011 08:13 AM

Tanya-That is right on the money! haha Can't you just see someone OUR age modeling a mini mini with underarm flab??hahah I keep saying that a.....more.....mature set of designers would design for US!! Now, you all are probably CRINGE when I say this, but I really like Rosanne's new "look". It looks comfortable and deserves a second look! haha - see I told you you would cringe - but I like it!

happyscrappy 08-05-2011 04:50 PM

ok, wee wee pad guy should have been eliminated. i do like him, but his design was no talent at all. and bird seed guy should have won, it was beautiful. and besides, the winner used a DOG BED fabric for the top. the judges gave umbrella guy (the one who had to leave the show) a hard time for using umbrella fabric - there is no consistency there!!! always LOVE this program. i love all the different personalitys, not too mention that talent.

QuiltMania 08-05-2011 05:42 PM

Stitchinwitch,
Yes, I did cringe at that one. I thought Roseanne looked like she was wearing a sack. No shape, no style and very unflattering.

Ramona Byrd 08-05-2011 05:54 PM

A year or two ago I wrote Threads magazine and asked please to find or invent some tops patterns for older women with real bodies and batwing upper arms. That some of us had enough money to buy nice things but where in heck were they? Lane Brant has some neat clothes, nice things, but even they aren't quite....well, lunch with the club at a nice restaurant type. Or maybe I should look through their catalog. A couple of years ago my sister and I looked through our local store, hunting for pretty gifts for a very large favorite niece. They had some pretty day clothes there, with loose sleeves but not overly done.

I got a nice reply from Threads, but to date haven't noticed anything like that.

OHSue 08-05-2011 06:30 PM

I loved the bird seed dress, too.
But I hated the dog bed shirt, looked like a big puff ball. If that had been someone larger than a size one, it would have looked terrible.
I think sometimes they just pick a designer and whatever they do they will like, keeps the drama going in the show.
I am surprised at how good the woman from South America (former Miss something) who has only been sewing for four months did. I didn't want to like her, but she is really good.

Cathieinut 08-06-2011 08:44 AM

Glad to see there are some other PR people on this board.
I for the life of me could not see what was so wonderful about Oliver's dress with the fluffy fake Sherpa and the hamster bedding skirt!!!
I too thought that the bird seed dress was the winner and all the complaining about it being too short...that's a laugh when you see the shortness of Heidi's skirts but maybe that is why she got "overruled" by the other judges LOL
Miss Trinidad Tobago has been a pleasant surprise but it seems a bit fishy that she does so well but has very little sewing experience? I guess we will see.
I was sad to see Josh C go but for that kind of competition you can't hold back and although his was cute it wasn't up to the parameters of the competition