Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Question About~~~Jennifer Chiaverini Books (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/question-about%7E%7E%7Ejennifer-chiaverini-books-t114814.html)

rndelling 04-10-2011 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009
I am reading one now...The Quilter's Apprentice
Do the rest of her books carry the character forward or are they different characters in each book ?

I have read them all and they are all about the same people. Two of them are set back in pre-Civil war and Civil war days but they are about the ancestors of the Bergstroms so they are still connected even if in a different era.

sandpat 04-10-2011 06:31 AM

I had our little library order them. I'm reading Union Quilters right now. I have read all but 1 or 2 now and not always in order. I don't think it will bother you much if you read a few of them out or order Dreamer...even with your BI.

mjsylvstr 04-10-2011 08:11 AM

The main characters come into each novel...with sometimes a few away for this tale.

There are a few newcomers with each book, but you will recognize
most of the staff at the retreat.

i would suggest that you try to beg, borrow, but not steal, the first few books. It would be worth it to read them first.

MaryJane

moroni 04-10-2011 10:38 AM

I love Jennifer C's books. I've read them all and some I've read twice. She is the one who has inspired me to begin quilting. I too wish there was an Elm Creek Quilting Guild somewhere nearby.

merchjag 04-10-2011 11:33 AM

I have all the books except the unionQuilt. Looking forward to buying it soon. Love the charactors and the story plots. :thumbup:

quiltingnana1 04-10-2011 11:48 AM

Yes, she carries the characters forward. They become like family! Enjoy! :-)

Sandra in Minnesota 04-10-2011 12:07 PM

I think that I have read all of her books that my library and neighboring liebaries have. Just love her books. I am now on "The Union Quilters" and am enjoying it very much. A lot of history. Somehow I missed the book where Sara has her twins, does anyone know which book this is in??

Sandra in Minnesota 04-10-2011 12:07 PM

I think that I have read all of her books that my library and neighboring liebaries have. Just love her books. I am now on "The Union Quilters" and am enjoying it very much. A lot of history. Somehow I missed the book where Sara has her twins, does anyone know which book this is in??

dljennings 04-10-2011 12:51 PM

i have read all of them, most of them more than once or twice.. always feels like a visit with old friends...

Gramma Deb 04-10-2011 01:01 PM

I have read all of them thru the Aloha Quilt. The main characters are in or mentioned in all the books or connected in some way to the story line. I really enjoyed them and would highly recommend them!