Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Quirky Habits (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/quirky-habits-t194188.html)

Mousie 07-21-2012 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma (Post 5382136)
Not an urban legend!!!! When I was 5 we lived in an old 2 story house --- a bat got in, got in my hair (I had waist length hair then). When it was gone.....I told mom to cut my hair -- YUCK I don't want bat stuff in my hair!!!!!

them must be some mean bats! did it escape to the street and get nabbed???? ;)

amandasgramma 07-21-2012 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie (Post 5382953)
them must be some mean bats! did it escape to the street and get nabbed???? ;)

My dad caught it in his fish net............you don't want to know what he did with it, but I CAN say that I cheered!!! :) :)

Mousie 07-21-2012 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma (Post 5382957)
My dad caught it in his fish net............you don't want to know what he did with it, but I CAN say that I cheered!!! :) :)

:thumbup: no more bats,
no more bats,
I don't have to wear a hat,
Cuz no more bats :D

jeaninmaine 07-21-2012 04:54 PM

I use vintage Oneida "Venetia" stainless, so i have to put it in the dishwasher upside down so the narrow ends on the handles don't go though the openings in the silverware tray. No, I don't want to switch to something different, I still love my Venetia.

amandasgramma 07-21-2012 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie (Post 5383158)
:thumbup: no more bats,
no more bats,
I don't have to wear a hat,
Cuz no more bats :D

Oh, mousie -- you're so funny!

mardilee 07-21-2012 06:07 PM

Let's see now. I guess I do have a few quirks. I don't like the foods on my plate to touch, especially if one is juicy or in a liquid (like a pickle). I like the kitchen counters to be completely clear..no dishes or canisters of any kind. I do have a chopping board out though. And when I take a shower, I always wash the same parts in the same order. Gosh, I'm starting to sound a little OCD.

Mousie 07-21-2012 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma (Post 5383247)
Oh, mousie -- you're so funny!

:p 10-q........................(I have to go "dotty" or else I'll get 'the message' :eek: ...mooousie - your too short :shock:)

Pam H 07-21-2012 07:07 PM

Maybe the 1 eye closed thing is so that you can go back to sleep. If I get up in the night to go to the bathroom I only open my eyes a tiny bit. Sometimes I can go back to sleep.....if I'm lucky.

Neesie 07-21-2012 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H (Post 5383494)
Maybe the 1 eye closed thing is so that you can go back to sleep. If I get up in the night to go to the bathroom I only open my eyes a tiny bit. Sometimes I can go back to sleep.....if I'm lucky.

That must be it! Only one eye open = only half awake. :)

Mousie 07-22-2012 05:05 PM

oh my gosh! now I know what you all are talking about! I try to "stay asleep" too. I usually 'go' by the night light.
Works pretty well.
I also have this mental game I play: when it's overcast outside I pretend to "see" the sunshine so I will be in a more cheerful mood! :)