Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   RECENTLY LOCKED USERS (UPDATED) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/recently-locked-users-updated-t15603.html)

Admin 01-20-2009 08:49 AM

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Kyiav10 01-20-2009 09:20 AM

Thank you Admin for responding to my post.

Thanks to Admin, PatriceJ and Shadow Dancer for all that you do.

I will have to keep track on wordpad or something.

Thanks, Kyia

mgshaw 01-20-2009 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Admin
Kyiav10, your account is fine. It was never even considered for a lock.

I added a limit for post editing. It's 20 minutes. So if you create a post, you can change it within the next 20 minutes. After that, you can no longer edit it.

Such feature is common on many message boards to prevent exactly what's been happening here last night. I kept it disabled to give the users more freedom, but it will have to be enabled now.

It's not just your account. It's for everyone on the board.

I know people have been editing their posts to add things like "update on page 3" and to add members to various lists/schedules, which is very handy.

I think being able to edit posts is useful, but unfortunately some people decided to abuse it. So for now, there is no way to edit past posts.

Just a suggestion for the swaps, would it be possible for the person hosting the swap to contact Patrice to make any edits or updates that need to be announced?

Admin 01-20-2009 09:39 AM

Just a suggestion for the swaps, would it be possible for the person hosting the swap to contact Patrice to make any edits or updates that need to be announced?
I'm thinking about setting up some sort of an exception for people organizing the swaps. So that those people would be able to edit their posts.

mgshaw 01-20-2009 09:41 AM

Excellent!!! I know alot of people rely on those updates.

retrogirl02 01-20-2009 10:16 AM

Thanks MgShaw for the suggestion, Kyiav for brining it to my attention, and of course, Admin for considering a solution. We sincerely appreciate your time and energy that keeps us up and running, smoothly at that :!:

MAXIES2 01-20-2009 10:23 AM

I would like to agree with the other members and thank you for such an informative site. In the UK quilting is not so popular so there are not too many shops that sell lovely fabric that you have in the USA, or many good magazines. If it was not for the encouragement and inspiration I have received from members I would not be in the process of getting a sewing room built or facing bankruptcy through buying so much material I jest, but I am serious about the sewing room.
So thank you Admin, Patrice, Shadow and all the other members.
Katherine

Admin 01-20-2009 10:33 AM

Kyiav10, you should be able to edit past posts now. Let me know if it doesn't work for some reason.

Moonpi 01-20-2009 10:40 AM

Let me add my thanks for the hard work Admin and the mods are doing on our behalf. Generally, when I edit a post, it is to correct spelling or grammar. Is there a spellcheck that will work with this board?

Izy 01-20-2009 10:43 AM

I couldn't have expressed it better and agree entirely with Maxies2 above.

Here in Spain we have practically no outlets for fabric, let alone magazines or books, so to lose this facility would seriously curtail my progress in learning quilting.

I appreciate all the hours and unseen work that is carried out by Admin, Patrice and Shadow to ensure the board functions correctly, which I have to admit I was taking for granted unwittingly BUT NOT any more!! :roll: :D Thanks guys :D :thumbup: :thumbup: