Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Sad Movies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/sad-movies-t170345.html)

glassnquilts 12-01-2011 04:29 AM

I cry at It's a Wonderful Life. Every Year.

damaquilts 12-01-2011 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by skrucker (Post 4735852)
Oh heck! I cry at the Folger's Christmas commercials and the Hallmark commercials!

oH Me too. lol and I have been watching Dr Quinn on DVD and always cry. I even cry when I am reading certain books.

Carrie Jo 12-01-2011 04:57 AM

Iam with you skrucker..A good comercial and Iam blubbering like a baby....

hobo2000 12-01-2011 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by mayday (Post 4736325)
LOVE, Camille/Queen Christina/Wuthering heights/Gone with the wind/Anna Karenina ,many of David Leans and more, don't make them like they used to!!!!!!!

You are on the right track here. All of these are fabulous. The recent ins also, I liked the Angelina Jolie where she was trying to find her little boy. Wow, that was intense.

husband-of-a-quilter 12-01-2011 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan (Post 4734705)
where are you finding these movies? they sound great.

The internet. I found "One Liter of Tears" on youtube. This is a Japanese Drama and there are many web sites dedicated to Asian dramas. They call them doramas and people rate them and have links to watch them. If you have a multi-region DVD player you can buy these movies on line at sites like i-Offer. If you want to watch some "uplifting" Christmas specials here are two; Silent Night, Lonely Night (1969) and "The Last Best Year" (1990) These are made for TV specials. Thank you all for responding.

Iraxy 12-01-2011 07:11 AM

My sad movie is Dying Young with Julia Roberts.

Gabrielle's Mimi 12-01-2011 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish (Post 4736044)
I watched Where The Red Fern Grows with my 10 year old son and he was mad at me for a week because it made him cry. (I cried too!)

Oh, I just love Where the Red Fern Grows! Every year I would read it aloud to my class, and every year I would get weepy. I would tell my kids that it takes a wonderful author to be able to get inside you and make you care that much about the characters that you can cry for them. It was always a special moment of trust between us. We need more books and movies with positive role models for kids and us!

Linda - K. 12-01-2011 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Gabrielle's Mimi (Post 4739762)
Oh, I just love Where the Red Fern Grows! Every year I would read it aloud to my class, and every year I would get weepy. I would tell my kids that it takes a wonderful author to be able to get inside you and make you care that much about the characters that you can cry for them. It was always a special moment of trust between us. We need more books and movies with positive role models for kids and us!

I fully agree with you about the authors of these kinds of books. I can cry reading a book or movie/commercial. It's great to see movies of this kind as I'm not a fan of the shoot em up, car crash type! I am also a fan of foreign films and even enjoy reading the subtitled lines!

BellaBoo 12-01-2011 10:13 AM

Sophie's Choice has to be the most emotional upsetting movie I've seen. Old Yeller is my cry my eyes out movie.

Lori S 12-01-2011 10:13 AM

Oh my cry feast movies are , Beaches, Brian's Song , and the Bridges of Madison County! Just can't make it through them with out the need for a box of tissues. Even though I know how each will end .. they still get me!
As one mentioned Sophies Choice is so.... emotionally upsetting .. I just can't watch, after the first time , It stayed with me for days.