Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Sad Movies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/sad-movies-t170345.html)

katiebear1 12-01-2011 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ellen (Post 4734929)
I cry when I hear "Taps". And like auntiepiggie, when I watch Beaches.

The song "Danny Boy" does it for me every time I hear it.

katiebear1 12-01-2011 12:23 PM

[QUOTE=Lori S;4739954]Oh my cry feast movies are , Beaches, Brian's Song , and the Bridges of Madison County! Just can't make it through them with out the need for a box of tissues. Even though I know how each will end .. they still get me!
As one mentioned Sophies Choice is so.... emotionally upsetting .. I just can't watch, after the first time , It stayed with me for days.[/QUOTE

The one movie I couldn't watch more than once is Shindlers List.

noveltyjunkie 12-01-2011 12:24 PM

I like a good cry at a movie that gives you an insight into human nature. I don't see any point in movies that make you cry because they are just full of really sad and bad stuff without giving you anything to take away and ponder.

granny 9 12-01-2011 12:26 PM

I cry at nearly anything that is the least bit sad. What I read, what I watch, and what someone said, if it is nice. I like a good cry some times.

katiebear1 12-01-2011 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Sheila_H (Post 4737178)
Marley and Me it makes you laugh and cry all at the same time

Oh yes! Forgot about that one. I cried almost all the way through the book too. But I love it. Even named my little girl yellow lab Marley :)

caspharm 12-01-2011 12:56 PM

My DH will say it's a good movie, book, or show if I end up crying, like The Help. I have cried over books, shows, or movies. If the emotions move me, I can start.

bjnicholson 12-01-2011 01:16 PM

Weddings and funerals do it for me. I just now found out my neighbor lady died yesterday and I almost burst out bawling while I was talking to her husband. My niece was married in October and I was crying almost as much as the father of the bride!

Kappy 12-01-2011 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by skrucker (Post 4735852)
Oh heck! I cry at the Folger's Christmas commercials and the Hallmark commercials!

I'm with you on that one! Homeward Bound, I think that's the name, 2 dogs and a cat trying to get home...I know the older dog makes it, but every time the music plays, I start crying my eyes out.

wildyard 12-01-2011 03:43 PM

Love a good tear-jerking movie, but love a good comedy too. Best of all is one that does both in the same movie. For me that movie is Fried Green Tomatoes, also Paint Your Wagon. Like others of you, it doesn't take much to make me cry and laugh. Love watching a movie like that with my sisters, all you hear is a multiple of sniffs in the room. Smilessssssssss and hugsssssss...

skaduzy 12-01-2011 06:38 PM

Real oldies for tearjerkers...........Dark Victory with Bette Davis, Backstreet with Susan Hayward and Madame X with Lana Turner......but I won't watch them anymore. Now I always want happy endings!