Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   SCARY! :shock: (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/scary-shock-t62702.html)

MaryStoaks 09-02-2010 03:45 PM

I'd be calling the externinator too!

MadQuilter 09-02-2010 03:48 PM

Dee, I'll take BigFoot and the Bear over the spider, thank you very much.

My MIL has tons of garden spiders and the woman is only 4' 10" so she can scurry underneath all the webs. I will not go into her garden, nor will I follow behind her on the property. Pat usually takes a stick with him and waves it wildly.

oksewglad 09-02-2010 04:09 PM

Oh folks they (spiders) are so helpful and rarely harmful! (I know, I know, my youngest big strapping 28 year old son is deathly scared of spiders!) My byline at the bottom says it all!

MadQuilter 09-02-2010 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
Oh folks they (spiders) are so helpful and rarely harmful!

Well, one of those darlings almost put DH in the hospital, so he got to experience the widow's bite (sneaky little beotch). I KNOW they are helpful - but why do they have to be so creepy? (and I didn't mean that second sentence in relation to the first sentence at all. lol)

pab58 09-02-2010 05:40 PM

Ewwwwwww!!!! :shock: :thumbdown: I know that spiders are useful creatures, BUT I just don't like them!!! :?

theoldgraymare 09-02-2010 05:47 PM

So long as the spider is OUTSIDE the house, it's cool.

krabadan 09-02-2010 06:02 PM

I wouldn't want to see that spider either.

Quiltforme 09-02-2010 06:33 PM

We just had a huge pictoral article in the paper about the male spiders coming into season and well run run as fast as you can!!! not my favorite insect!

wvdek 09-02-2010 06:36 PM

Wow, that is so cool. I would love to see the spider too. I love spider webs. They tell such a story and each web is distint to the spider. I love the Garden Spider webs with
the "Z" in the middle and she is such a pretty black and yellow. However, they crawl on me or are in the house, they meet their maker.

amandasgramma 09-02-2010 06:55 PM

Well -- now....Yeah, I'm scared of spiders! I've been bitten twice here. Never knew what bit me. Both times was when I was out IN those trees looking for a cat after dark (because of coyotes, we don't let them stay out at night). BOTH times the bites have swollen up REALLY big (one was about size of a small saucer) and both times I got staph!!! I decided after the 2nd time, that the cats are on their own after dark...I'm NOT going out. Now I wonder if THAT spider is the culprit! OH...BTW - we have only had little teeny tiny spiders in our house..I'd say maybe 10 over the last 5 yrs!! Because of our extreme heat/extreme cold we just don't have many spiders.

Chasing Hawk --- I've been sending out vibes all day -- telling him to go to the LaPine state park!!!! chuckle chuckle chuckle :mrgreen: :mrgreen: