Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   SCARY! :shock: (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/scary-shock-t62702.html)

grammyp 09-02-2010 06:57 PM

You could put a saddle on that one and ride it!

burnsk 09-02-2010 08:03 PM

Just as long as your don't have 'recluse' spiders. Their bites are very nasty. Look them up. Don't know where they reside but I guy I worked with got bit a few years ago and had a scar on his leg the size of my fist.

sewnsewer2 09-02-2010 08:16 PM

I'd totally freak out! Then move! :lol:

lauriejo 09-02-2010 08:36 PM

We have the brown recluse here in Ohio, but I'm not gonna get close enough to figure out what kind it is. Well okay maybe I'll get close enough to step on it.

kwiltkrazy 09-02-2010 08:54 PM

I don't know if I would hide in the tub, that seems to be where I find most of mine. My boys learned very young to be spider removers, I didn't want them to kill the spider, just remove it from my territory. Now my oldest son has to remove spiders for his girlfriend, and he just shakes his head and says girls!!!! I don't know how many times I cuddled him from his snake nightmares, I don't think we're even yet, so he can put my spider removal over to Ally. It is funny, though, because she is more afraid of them than I am. Didn't think that was possible.

Chasing Hawk 09-02-2010 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Well -- now....Yeah, I'm scared of spiders! I've been bitten twice here. Never knew what bit me. Both times was when I was out IN those trees looking for a cat after dark (because of coyotes, we don't let them stay out at night). BOTH times the bites have swollen up REALLY big (one was about size of a small saucer) and both times I got staph!!! I decided after the 2nd time, that the cats are on their own after dark...I'm NOT going out. Now I wonder if THAT spider is the culprit! OH...BTW - we have only had little teeny tiny spiders in our house..I'd say maybe 10 over the last 5 yrs!! Because of our extreme heat/extreme cold we just don't have many spiders.

Chasing Hawk --- I've been sending out vibes all day -- telling him to go to the LaPine state park!!!! chuckle chuckle chuckle :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Haha Dee,

Let them all hangout at the state park :P Maybe someone will invite them to their cookout.

Spiders are good and bad, they for see change, usually bad or something not so pleasant.

The good part is they eat bugs...LOL

Rhonda 09-02-2010 09:05 PM

Spiders and bugs in general have always fascinated me. I don't kill them unless I have to. God created them and they have a purpose. As we are so much BIGGER than they are they are probably terrified of us as we must look like giants to them!
There are so many varieties of spiders and I love looking at them.

My mom brought a tarantula back for me when I was 12 and she went to Jamaica and Haiti to visit some missionary friends. But I didn't know how to feed him right so he didn't last long I'm afraid. My son bought one not long ago and I was really tempted to take it from him when he asked if I wanted it. But decided I have too many little kids here on weekends and something not so nice would probably happen to it.

CarrieAnne 09-03-2010 04:10 AM

Thats SOME web.....wow!

granniebj 09-03-2010 04:13 AM

Looks like it must have been a big feller! I wouldn't stand under that tree!

AlwaysQuilting 09-03-2010 05:35 AM

I'm glad I live far away from you!