Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/sept-2011-weight-loss-adventure-sept-winner-katvert-t148983.html)

PABerard 08-30-2011 07:39 AM

I'm in... off to get my ticker. I hope.

irishrose 08-30-2011 08:09 AM

I'm in. I know I can't win, but I don't mind sending out a FQ a month as the price of joining such a caring group.

My not expecting to win is not a negative remark. At this stage of weight loss, I don't want a huge loss. At my age, I'd look like a prune. I want to loss 2 pounds, plus the three I picked up in August.

Lynne, I missed you. I was afraid you'd left us because you'd finished your weight loss. Do we ever truly finish? How are your knees doing?

Goal setting time. Chose the loss that's correct for you and write where you can see it everyday - mine is on my calender. Just a note - I didn't write it in August and I gained weight. I am writing TWO. The gained ones will be dealt with separately.

scrapngmom 08-30-2011 08:30 AM

I am in for the support, just not the fat quarters. you guys okay with that?

Karen

ljs317 08-30-2011 08:31 AM

I'm in again. Slow and steady might just win this race for me.
Lisa

Linnie 08-30-2011 08:53 AM

Count me in!!!

nancia 08-30-2011 11:59 AM

hey, lynne, welcome back! i'm in, and i hope down! also, you're on, xylie! are we just going for bragging rights with the 5 lbs? or do you want to make it a little more interesting? hehehehe

amBoo 08-30-2011 12:12 PM

Irishrose, I know what you mean about not expecting to win! I'm worried my face will collapse like yesterday's souffle! I did well for me for August - not as well as some but I'm very pleased with the start. In September, I'm sure the weight will come off more slowly and that's fine as long as I don't gain any back, it's still progress for me! I'm happy to contribute a FQ as incentive to the group! ...guess what I'm saying is that I'm in again for September. Looking forward to weighing in tomorrow and updating my signature ticker-thingy!

Nancy

Originally Posted by irishrose
I'm in. I know I can't win, but I don't mind sending out a FQ a month as the price of joining such a caring group.

My not expecting to win is not a negative remark. At this stage of weight loss, I don't want a huge loss. At my age, I'd look like a prune. I want to loss 2 pounds, plus the three I picked up in August.

Goal setting time. Chose the loss that's correct for you and write where you can see it everyday - mine is on my calender. Just a note - I didn't write it in August and I gained weight. I am writing TWO. The gained ones will be dealt with separately.

MissyGirl 08-30-2011 01:24 PM

Howdy howdy!! I am here for the fun and support again!! Of course you guys who know me know that I am not doing the challenge! (for the newbies...I had weight loss surgery so it would not be fair to try for the FQs)

Missy

leannadc 08-30-2011 01:34 PM

sounds like a plan, count me in :)

fabric_fancy 08-30-2011 01:35 PM

brilliant, count me in!