Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   shoe brand, does anyone have these? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/shoe-brand-does-anyone-have-these-t219113.html)

laynak 04-16-2013 02:37 PM

I have a couple of pairs of Merrell walking/hiking shoes plus a pair of sandals. I highly recommend them -- they hold up for years, look nice and are very comfortable and supportive. (We have a Merrell outlet store 15 minutes from here.)
I walk our dogs at least 1-2 miles every day and the Merrell shoes are well used. I've had the shoes for 4 and 8 years and the sandals for 1 or 2 years. I won't be discarding any of them anytime soon.
Merrell's have been around for at least 8 years since my first pair was bought back in 2004. No holes, look decent, people still comment that they're attractive, and when I went to the store to ask how long they'll last, the clerk said she didn't think the support really wears out. Well made!

ImMiksMom 04-16-2013 03:04 PM

This is my husband's favorite brand. I have had a few pairs and really liked them. They do last so you will get your moneys worth. I wear Danskos - my shoe of choice!

michelleoc 04-17-2013 07:03 AM

My friend just got a pair of Merrill at TJMaxx. She LOVES them and says they are the most comfortable shoes she's ever worn.

DebbE 04-17-2013 07:58 AM

I was going to have to look at some of these, but by chance, tried the insoles that you see at Walmart - the ones that you step onto the machine and it checks the parts of your feet that need support. Bought one set of the insoles and $50 later, I now walk without the huge amount of pain I had in the past. I have plantar fasciitis on the right foot. I never, never walk barefoot now, and those insoles easily go from shoe to shoe. I've been told I shouldn't wear clogs (that's all I've worn for 30 years now) and I don't intend to change if I can avoid it, and with the insoles, its perfect. I can even wear slippers again (with the insoles). You might try that first before investing in the expensive shoes. My husband bought $300 insoles several years ago and now needs new ones --- he tried the Walmart insoles as I did and it didn't work for him....but Walmart took the insoles back. So its worth the risk!

feline fanatic 04-17-2013 08:37 AM

I LOVE my Merrills and find them well worth the $$. The second you put them on it feels like your foot is being caressed by a cloud. I much prefer my merrills over my danskos.

quilt9226 04-17-2013 10:58 AM

I bought my Merrells in 2002 prior to a three week trip to the UK. We did a LOT of walking and they were great shoes. I finally retired them last year. I would buy them again.

wanda lou 04-17-2013 12:07 PM

wonderful shoe, very true to size. Tj maxx usually has a pair or two at a really good price.

char634w 04-17-2013 02:10 PM

Love Merrill shoes, always have. Since I have narrow feet, I always go to Walgreen"s and buy a pair of "Magic" insoles to add to all of my sporty shoes for extra comfort. It is a very cushy insole and makes a huge difference for me.

Ruby Red 04-18-2013 03:51 PM

Yes, I have several shoes of this brand. I also have a narrow foot so these seem to fit me better. I just love them. I would not hesitate to buy them.

Nammie to 7 04-18-2013 06:16 PM

I love my Merrells. I too have plantar fascitis and a bone spur - since I bought these shoes a year ago I haven't had a problem with either of these problems. They are worth every penny I paid for them. I will be going back to get another pair shortly. They have great support, mine are light weight which is important to me - I've had knee replacement and heavy shoes tire my leg so my foot has a tendency to drag at the end of the day.