Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   A small trip on the island (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/small-trip-island-t21104.html)

Marcia 06-09-2009 04:56 PM

Wow, Terri, you keep calling Guam a pebble, but it sure is a pretty one with lots of beautiful views. Thanks for sharing them with us.

tlrnhi 06-09-2009 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
What a totally cool place to live. Are you getting transferred out soon? I know the military is like Methodist preachers never anywhere long. Do wild orchids grow everywhere & anthuriums. I love both. Guess you do get tired of the humidity. You should live in Texas, it will kill you sometimes. Going to San Antonio tomorrow for a few days & it is really hot there. Gulf Coast at least has a constant breeze. Here in East Texas it can be dead still for days & then wind blow like crazy. Hurricane season is here so we don't know what to expect. Enjoy your time left as you may never get there again.

We should be leaving here around March of next year. I hope and pray really hard that we do!
I'm sure there are orchids and anthuriums that may grow wild, but I'm not one that is really going into the jungle here to find out. There are snakes and wild pigs here that I really don't want to meet up with, even tho they say the pigs will run the other way.
I'm tired of islands, period! It's always hot, hot, hot here and I'm wanting change, change, change.
As to enjoy my time I have left here? Yes, I will, but coming back again....NEVER, unless there are pieces of paper with hubby name on it that says we have to come back.

It's drizzly today, so not a good day to get to the beach. Maybe it will clear up later on in the afternoon...hope so!

kwhite 06-09-2009 05:30 PM

It is beautiful but I too would not do well there. I am practically "clear" in complexion and when we go to the beach I stay inside until nightfall. (vampire beach goer) Between the menopause and thyroid disease I can't take the heat at all.

littlehud 06-09-2009 06:56 PM

Your pictures are always so awesome. You could be a professional photographer.

tlrnhi 06-09-2009 07:09 PM

Thanks littlehud.
It's hit or miss as to how well my picturs come out.
Not professional quality at any means, but thank you for the compliment!

Debra Mc 06-09-2009 09:02 PM

Girl i didn't want you to go exploring, that booger might still be waiting for you. The orchids usually grow along with the bananas. Bet there is vanilla bean orchids there. They smell so good. Hoping when y'all get shipped out you will go to a better place.

tlrnhi 06-09-2009 10:13 PM

I've told them any place but HI, CA or an island! lol

Butterflyspain 06-09-2009 10:19 PM

I so hope you get your posting in March, I bet that it does get boaring after a while, the continual heat would get me down to. Interesting that you have wild pigs. We have them here too they call them boars here and big ugly things they are.

Elle

tlrnhi 06-09-2009 10:24 PM

Oh, we have the BIG boars here too.
The other night I was on the balcony and there was a small pig running down the road...I named it...Dinner! lol

I sure hope we get what we want too, Elle!
I've told both hubby and Courtney that we have to have the house unpacked right away so I can take my trips!!! :) :)

barnbum 06-10-2009 01:13 AM

Terri--what gorgeous photos. My two favorites are the banana tree!! (How cool is that!! Are they Dole's? :lol: ) and the one where you said one can kayak to Cocos Island... stunning. I want to kayak there!!