Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Snow on its way (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/snow-its-way-t204111.html)

sailsablazin 10-25-2012 05:06 AM

When do I ever get to enjoy a "day of quilting?" With teenagers, there is always something to do along with that part-time job (soccer game tonight and TaeKwonDo). I suspect that the neighbors bring their laundry over during the night...has to be!

alwayslearning 10-25-2012 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC (Post 5610101)
Yeah but you aren't going to get it nearly as bad as the northeast. They're talking "Storm of the Century" status if things come together just right.

Oh, the weather people get so excited when bad weather is maybe coming! May they all be disappointed!

helenquilt 10-25-2012 06:37 AM

Where are your Quilting supplies???????????

AllAboutScraps 10-25-2012 06:46 AM

AS a person who lives on the border of CT in MA, I am not anticipating "the storm of the century". The weather forecasters LIVE to cause panic in people over things that MOST of the time don't happen. It amazes me that there is this industry where they can be wrong MORE than half the time and still have a job!

That said......although I don't panic about it - the generator is fueled up and tested, plenty of wood for the furnace, plenty of food in the freezer, and the animals all have their appointed places prepared. No reason not to be prepared for Mother Nature to have a hissy fit.

Bring it on!

Treasureit 10-25-2012 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by barri1 (Post 5609813)
We are way to warm in NY.. Would give anything for a bit of snow.. I presume you are in the mountains.. I've been skiing in CO many times, and it amazes me how efficient they are at cleaning the snow.. CO is my favorite for skiing..

Hang on....I heard this morning that Storm "Sandy" might turn into a nor-eastern. Is that the right word? A cold storm.

AllAboutScraps 10-25-2012 06:59 AM

nor'easter - that's right. The operative word is MIGHT

MrsM 10-25-2012 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC (Post 5609095)
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO She said/typed a 4-letter word!!!!!!!

I think so too!

Caswews 10-25-2012 07:20 AM

Quilterlois: I am so glad you got the snow on the eastern side of the state: Over here in western side : we only got frost !LOL ... I'll take that ! LOL
Called my daughter who lives over on that side and she said it was snowing too, a friend who lives over there called me as well to tell me it was snowing and she was just outside taking pictures of it as she never knew she could take pictures of the snow (amazing what happens when one googles/bings things eh LOL)...
Bless you all's pee picking hearts that you all got SNOW... <GRIN> and I didn't <GRIN>

cherrio 10-25-2012 07:39 AM

yep, snow is possible here by the weekend too but only because of the "perfect storm" brewing off the east coast now. prayers for the east coast, jamaica and cuba who it looks like will see 100 mph winds.

cherrio 10-25-2012 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by MrsM (Post 5611338)
I think so too!

well according to the news MrsM if you are still in NY; you should hold onto your hat!