Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   So Excited!! I got a Kindle DX!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/so-excited-i-got-kindle-dx-t48995.html)

Luckynumber7 06-09-2010 01:54 PM

I don't have one right now, but they sound pretty cool.

amma 06-09-2010 02:56 PM

Congratulations :D:D:D I am sure you will get many hours of enjoyment out of it :D:D:D

sewjoyce 06-09-2010 03:11 PM

I have the smaller Kindle and I just love mine!! I, too, waited over a year before I invested -- haven't had a moment's regret!! Don't forget the "free" books on Kindle, too. They sometimes have "specials" where you can order a best seller for free! However, do be aware that they also offer a few chapters for free (to get you to buy the book...)

MaryStoaks 06-09-2010 03:20 PM

I know I'm going to have to limit myself to about one "paid for" book a week. It is so liberating to have access to so many more books than our local bookstore and to have them instantly. I hate to shop.

sewjoyce 06-09-2010 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by MaryStoaks
I know I'm going to have to limit myself to about one "paid for" book a week. It is so liberating to have access to so many more books than our local bookstore and to have them instantly. I hate to shop.

:lol: :lol: Actually I spend LESS now on books than I did before I got my Kindle...there are so many books under $3 ea that you just won't believe it!!

BKinCO 06-09-2010 04:48 PM

I don't have the DX, but the regular Kindle and I LOVE IT. I think it's one of the best things dh has ever bought for me (next to my KitchenAid Mixer :))

Enjoy your new toy!!!

CarrieAnne 06-09-2010 06:10 PM

Lucky you..looks neat!

DebraK 06-09-2010 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce

:lol: :lol: Actually I spend LESS now on books than I did before I got my Kindle...there are so many books under $3 ea that you just won't believe it!!

Thanks, that is what I wanted to know.

JoanneS 06-09-2010 07:16 PM

I have wanted this for over a year and was finally able to buy my KindleDX. It came yesterday and I've already read my first Kindle book! I am impressed! I can find Kindle books easily, download is almost instant directly to my Kindle, no computer needed to buy or download and I can download from anywhere! This gizmo is easier for me to read and I don't have to hold a book open, just rest it on my lap or wherever is convienent. New books are cheaper for Kindle too, I'm waiting for the new Janet Evanovitch to come out this month. :lol: Don't you just love technology?

I'm an Evanovitch fan, too. My DH and I like to get them on DVDs for road trips.

Alu_Rathbone 06-09-2010 07:23 PM

I want one of these! I'm able to get a kindle from my library, but there is a long long long waitlist. Maybe I'll be able to get one by the time school starts.