Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   So Excited!! I got a Kindle DX!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/so-excited-i-got-kindle-dx-t48995.html)

littlehud 06-09-2010 08:24 PM

How cool. I want one someday too. I'm so happy for you.

crawford1219 06-09-2010 10:42 PM

I have wanted one for a long time too-I read non-stop and it would be a dream to have one-my friend has one and she absolutely loves it. Enjoy your new toy! :)

reach for the stars 2 06-10-2010 04:46 AM

I'm jealous I wanted one. Maybe next time I will break down and get one

katmom54 06-10-2010 05:31 PM

I have had one since November, and absolutely love it. I don't spend anywhere near as much as I had expected, since there is so much free stuff - and you can go to other ebook sites too..not just Amazon.... I went on a plane trip right after I got it and there were one or two other passengers that had them...last week almost every other row had a kindle user!...Have fun...

sewjoyce 06-11-2010 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by katmom54
I have had one since November, and absolutely love it. I don't spend anywhere near as much as I had expected, since there is so much free stuff - and you can go to other ebook sites too..not just Amazon.... I went on a plane trip right after I got it and there were one or two other passengers that had them...last week almost every other row had a kindle user!...Have fun...

Can you tell me where I can find other ebook sites?????

Pam B 06-11-2010 06:33 AM

I am leaning towards a Nook, as well. I am just afraid that I will miss having the real book to actally hold in my hands. Also, I pass alot of my books on to other people...won't be able to that with the Nook, either. But, gosh, I have so many books that I cannot begin to even fit them in my bookcase...they are just everywhere in my house...so I think for that reason alone, some kind of e-reader would be a good thing for me.

Perchgirl157 08-24-2010 05:02 PM

I reserved my Kindle2 back in July...expected ship date this Friday. I am also excieted. Looking for a pattern to make the cover...have you seen one?

Lady Tapioca 08-24-2010 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Perchgirl157
I reserved my Kindle2 back in July...expected ship date this Friday. I am also excieted. Looking for a pattern to make the cover...have you seen one?

There are some pattern links on the first page

BellaBoo 08-25-2010 03:20 PM

I bought the Kindle DX for Christmas presents for my two girls, son in law, and DH. They are on sale now at Amazon. I'm done with Christmas shopping except for my granddaughter.

Perchgirl157 08-25-2010 05:28 PM

Yes, I purchased mine there also! Susposed to ship Friday the 27th....am in process of making one of those cute covers for it....been looking at ebooks...any good reads?