Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   This is SOOOO off-topic... but it got us laughing! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/soooo-off-topic-but-got-us-laughing-t26269.html)

tlrnhi 09-29-2009 09:10 PM

My watch comes off when I take a shower or in any type of water. ONLY time it's off. Earrings? Hmm...depends on what kind. Dangly ones come off, studs stay on until I'm tired of them.
Toe ring comes off for pedicures and when I'm traveling. Those machines at the airport don't like them.

sewaholic 09-30-2009 02:47 AM

My watch comes off - so do my rings only because my fingers swell during the night. My earings stay in 365 days of the year until I change them then they stay in till I am sick of them. But I usually wear gold sleepers so they don't give me any problems. Bracelet comes off too. Don't like waking up with it imprinted in my face

:lol: :lol: Moonpie and Sewsewquilter - you both gave out too much information :lol: :lol:

carrieg 09-30-2009 07:51 AM

I stopped wearing a watch on a regular basis the day I wore it upside down and never noticed! I went to take it OFF when I got home, and noticed it was upside down. That showed me I don't use it. Now if I go out during lunch to run errands, I have to use my cell phone to keep track of time.

But at work, there's a clock on the pc and the phones, plus a few on the walls. At home, there are clocks and if we go somewhere, there is a clock in the car.

I have several, mostly used as bracelets now. LOL

nativetexan 09-30-2009 08:23 AM

I remove my watch, rings and earrings. nothing on but me. well clothes but no shoes, only house slippers while at home.
But my hubby sleeps with his watch on. the battery went and he absoutely had to go the next day and get one put in.

butterflywing 09-30-2009 08:29 AM

since i last answered, i started taking it off and finally left it off. i have a strip of doughy looking skin where the sun never hits my wrist. :lol:

and lo! and behold! it's true. i really don't need it.

however, the earrings have been there in one style or another, every day and night of my life since i was 14, and they're not going anywhere. i got my first pair of gold earrings when i graduated junior high school/middle school. my mother thought i was a gypsy :mrgreen: my daughter got hers the day she was born in the hospital. :-)

Mousie 09-30-2009 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Moonpi
It's the only thing I wear to sleep. :D

I wear it in the shower, too, but take it off for baths.

Moonpi, does it cover it's face with it's hands? :oops: :lol:

Mousie 09-30-2009 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by butterflywing

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
Do you wear earings to bed?

does the sun rise in the east?

It does in my east! :lol:

Mousie 09-30-2009 08:36 AM

well, as to whether I wear my watch to bed...no, bc I wear a stopwatch 24/7 around my neck. I take it off for pictures, and sometimes when i go out in public, if I am dressed up.
What's it for? to breathe on time :wink:

amma 09-30-2009 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
My watch feels so good OFF.

Along with several OTHER items I occasionally wear.

I am with you on this one!!! LMBO

Barbm 09-30-2009 04:46 PM

I take it off as soon as I come in the door, along with shoes.