Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Sorting Laundry - (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/sorting-laundry-t305500.html)

cjsews 06-30-2019 03:57 PM

I haven’t washed any Kleenex lately. But, I have laundered money. Hope the police don’t come after me

Kitsie 06-30-2019 03:59 PM

I'm lucky!! Cold water does not reach my washer. Don't have much to wash per load as I live alone. Use Oxyclean with Purex in every wash .(about 1/3 or the recommended amount of Oxy and 1/2 of Purex). Live happily with well water. Maybe its because all of my laundry has been washed about a billion times each piece, but no problems for me! Oh yeah, occasional kleenex but at least its clean!

jmoore 07-01-2019 02:35 AM

My DH and I do our own laundry...sometimes I haves to move his to the dryer (after hogging the washing machine for a day or two) but that’s okay, I often find paper money in his shirt pockets. Finders keepers $$$.

rryder 07-02-2019 04:50 AM

I have two regular sized laundry baskets in our bathroom. One (white)for white clothes and one (green) for all “other stuff” (clothes, bath towels and washcloths). I also have a small basket that lives on the dryer for kitchen towels and cloth napkins.The bed linens get washed separately as do the bathroom rugs. Makes life easy. When we strip the bed, those things immediately go downstairs to the washer and drier. When they’re done, they go right back upstairs onto the bed. When the whites basket has a loads worth it gets done. Same with the “other”basket. The basket for napkins and kitchen towels gets done when it gets full. I do a single load of laundry 4 or 5 days a week. I also use minimal amounts of detergent and mainly cold water. Seems to work for me and DH, but we don’t own clothing that requires special care.

Rob

nativetexan 07-07-2019 06:53 AM

I told my son to look beside the washer and or dryer when missing a sock. that is where I find them!!

CurliQ 07-07-2019 09:30 PM

Unless I want bleach, it's all in cold. Colors, whites and in betweens. Detergent does what it should.

read2me1989 07-16-2019 12:14 PM

I understand the Kleenex issue!! I always think I've got my pockets emptied but a rogue tissue seems to find it's way into the washer. I too am pretty traditional when sorting laundry but my adult daughters throw everything but the kitchen sink in together and I think their clothes come out looking better than mine. Hmmmm....?

Iceblossom 07-16-2019 12:23 PM

Hubby does his own laundry any more, his work shirts had to be washed on cold and I like medium or hot. This year they are just t-shirts and can be washed regularly but I think we are both on the same groove of doing our own.

My BFF from high school is coming to visit, be leaving to pick her up at the airport in about half an hour. I have done so much laundry in the last week. Towels, sheets, pillow cases, quilts, clothing... This is the first time that I can remember in years where every single thing I own is either on my body or washed and hung up properly.

Hubby and I joke that we stop our cleaning where other people start but the house is looking pretty good to us right now :)

QuiltnLady1 07-21-2019 06:35 PM

My sheets and towels get hot water with bleach, everything else is cold. Red and orange are always separate. I do 3 loads every other week (sheets/towels, underwear and darks) and the red/orange wait for a full load. I use white cotton towels as color catchers and bleach them with sheets.

lberna 07-23-2019 05:18 AM

I use color catchers. I try to group the laundry but if there is an orphan, I just say "oh well" and toss it in with nom-whites. Days of my fretting over laundry are over.