Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   SUSAN BOYEL !!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/susan-boyel-t29181.html)

k3n 11-24-2009 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Janstar
She's got an incredable voice and I'll never forget the look on Simon Cowell's face when he heard her sing!

Yeah, that was classic! They showed the clip on X Factor at the weekend! :lol: Talk about chin hitting the floor!

As for that dance team, anyone remember THEIR name? So who REALLY won?! :D

I don't know how technically perfect her voice is and don't really care - to me the soul and feeling she has when she sings are FAR more important. :D

Bevanger 11-24-2009 07:17 AM

I saw her on the news last night. What a beautiful voice :D

shaverg 11-24-2009 10:32 AM

Love her, plan on getting her CD this week.

yourstrulyquilts 11-24-2009 04:31 PM

[i][b]
I love Susan Boyle!! The first time I heard her sing, it brought tears to my eyes. Have you seen Paul Potts? He is another VERY interesting person who sang his way into stardom on Briton's Got Talent.

YTQ

muffins 11-24-2009 04:35 PM

I am definitely purchasing her cd. QVC had a cd and dvd where you could also watch her. I didn't see it yet, but a friend told me. Price was somthing like 20.00 plus shipping for both. You can check it out on the web.

wvdek 11-25-2009 11:05 PM

Beautiful lady inside and out.

Crlyn 11-26-2009 03:26 AM

I love her, think she is amazing, and good luck to her I say! :D

kay carlson 11-26-2009 07:30 AM

I purchased the CD in advance from Amazon.com --- the first time I've ever done something like this.

The Cd arrived yesterday and I played it while we were eating our dinner. I do so enjoy her singing and when the song seems to be a natural part of her, I just melt.

Go Susan!!! :D

Margie 11-27-2009 10:13 PM

I love her voice and I like the way she looks..I think she looks sweet. I am having a real problem with "plastic perfect people" lol Sometimes I watch them critique red carpet stars etc...and they describe them as looking "flawless"...am I the only who that annoys? Why must they look "flawless" not just pretty, charming, beautiful,well-groomed etc????

Why must singing/dancing/quilting/knitting/artwork be "perfect" (mine isnt lol) but I can admire something someone did and think it is beautiful and not worry or even notice if it is not "perfect"....maybe it is just me but I like people who look different/ethnic/whatever. I dont think noses have to be a certain size, or hair has to look a certain way I was very upset at all the unkind things the media said about the way Susan Boyle looked. Sharon Osbourne said something about her being hit with "an ugly stick" WOW how mean is that? OK OFF MY SOAPBOX lol..just felt the need to comment cause I like her and think her voice is beautiful.

Margie

mrspete 11-28-2009 12:57 PM

Oh, what a natural talent. A God Given Talent is a divine blessing. I her, her sound and her humility. She fills me with awe. To hide a natural talent is a shame. God Bless her that she has released to give us this joy. Thanks for the vent.