Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   tattoos? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/tattoos-t115243.html)

ptquilts 04-11-2011 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by luvstitches
I like some tatoos that I've seen but no way, no how for me.
I can't imagine what I would have chosen even 10 years ago that I would want to look at now. I don't like the same pictures on my walls after so many years. LOL

Great art but just not for me.

ditto, I don't even want to wear the same clothes for more than a couple of years, can't imagine being stuck with a picture permanently on my skin. My tastes have changed over the years.

Aylahopper 04-11-2011 10:02 AM

I have 1 and hoping to get my new one for my birthday. That one will represent my brother's. I found my adopted brother in August 2010...the part the will represnt him is from one of his tattoo's. The one I have now is the only thing my other brother would ever consider having tattoo'd if he was so inclined (he's not) Love mine!! :thumbup:

Motorcyclemad 04-11-2011 11:08 AM

I don't have any, but only because I don't like to sit still long enough to get one done! :twisted:

livenlearn124 04-11-2011 11:31 AM

Shamrock on my hip... no regrets here =)
(even though it was more painful than giving birth!)

BellaBoo 04-11-2011 11:38 AM

You can request the new easy to remove inks available now. They are much more expensive but well worth it. I can't imagine being a grandmother with tattoos!

livenlearn124 04-11-2011 11:40 AM

A friend of mine has the same scar above the "coin slot" she had a that scar incorporated into a tat, the scar turned into the body of a butterfly, lovely wings on each side... it was actually quite nice, who'd a thunk!?!!

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I really really really want one BUT can't decide on the where or the what. It would have to be covered with regular work clothes. It could not be affected by weight fluctuations (butterfly should not turn into Mothra!). It should not be affected by hair growth (don't want the bearded lady on my calf). AND I have too many spots on my skin and connect the dots is not a game that I want tattooed on my arms. lol

I did have a great idea though. I have a scar just above the - ahem - "coin slot" from back surgery, and I have a scar on the front from my hysterectomy. Wouldn't it be cool to have a zipper on both sides? Too bad they won't tat over scars.

jaciqltznok 04-11-2011 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by bkb
No tats here. don't want to watch a pretty little rose bud turn into a long stemmed blob!

seriously...

Margie 04-11-2011 12:36 PM

ABSOLUTELY NOT..NEVER!

kbs 04-11-2011 12:37 PM

No tattoos here

jaciqltznok 04-11-2011 12:37 PM

I have 20, top to bottom, do not regret any of them and would like at least 1 more!

I was inked before it became COOL in the 90's...in fact I have tats older than my kids!