Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Tell us what you're reading... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/tell-us-what-youre-reading-t220723.html)

quiltmau 05-06-2013 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer (Post 6044726)
I'm reading the General Chit-Chat forum on the Quilting Board :D:D:D:D (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

Me too!!!! Just finished Wiskey Beach by Nora Roberts and am reading a Tori Scott story. Love Nora Roberts, Garwood, Howard and Feehan. Love mystery, paranormal and let's not forget Sands and Sparks!!!
When I am not reading I am gardening in spring-get to the point of supervising more than anything-LOL-quilting and playing in my fabric room. I would say sewing room but more fabric petting than sewing going on lately!!

purplefiend 05-06-2013 10:53 AM

I just finished "The John Carter Chronicles" by Edgar Rice Burrows
Sharon

eimay 05-06-2013 11:08 AM

The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom...the story of an Irish indentured servant who works in the kitchen house of a plantation. Love it so far.

DonnaC 05-06-2013 11:17 AM

I read constantly, especially since I've had my Kindle! Right now I'm reading a really cute book called "Dog on It: A Chet and Bernie Mystery", by Spencer Quinn. It's written from the dog's point of view (that's Chet) and Bernie is a private detective with issues of his own! Chet has some interesting observations and habits that make me smile. It's a mystery but not gory or anything like that; I generally read cozy mysteries rather than the suspenseful kind. (Only $2.99 through the Kindle store if anyone's interested!)

Ashjoy 05-06-2013 11:40 AM

I read total kindle smut! I'm rereading 50 shades trilogy with a reading group, but I've already read it 7 times.
If there are vampires or sexy hot main characters ill read it.

yorkielvr 05-06-2013 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaC (Post 6048262)
I read constantly, especially since I've had my Kindle! Right now I'm reading a really cute book called "Dog on It: A Chet and Bernie Mystery", by Spencer Quinn. It's written from the dog's point of view (that's Chet) and Bernie is a private detective with issues of his own! Chet has some interesting observations and habits that make me smile. It's a mystery but not gory or anything like that; I generally read cozy mysteries rather than the suspenseful kind. (Only $2.99 through the Kindle store if anyone's interested!)

I don't write on here very often, but I have to agree with Donna about the Chet and Bernie series. I have read the whole series and loved them all. I gave them to my 11 year old dgd to read. You really need to understand dogs to get the gist of it. Hope you all enjoy

Yankeegirl 05-06-2013 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Ashjoy (Post 6048290)
I read total kindle smut! I'm rereading 50 shades trilogy with a reading group, but I've already read it 7 times.
If there are vampires or sexy hot main characters ill read it.

Have you read Laurell K. Hamilton? Anita Blake series - vamps, werewolves, etc??? Started out great (like Anne Rice did with Interview) but got way to bizarre for me. If you haven't read them give it a shot - first book is Guilty Pleasures.

caspharm 05-06-2013 01:36 PM

I am reading "Gone Girl" right now, but just finished a recent Clive Cussler book and have some Marian Babson (cat mystery) books on hold as well as Marie Bostwick books.

meanmom 05-06-2013 02:57 PM

I love to read but don't get a lot of time to read. I have a problem reading during the school year that I start a book and can't put it down. I find myself still reading at 2:00AM. Even if it is a book I don't like I have to finish it. School will be out May23. Can't wait. Great that this is listed here I was just trying to figure out what to read this summer. Particularly when I go to Hilton Head.We sit at the beach and read a lot. LAst year I read the 50 Shades of Gray series. Not what I expected but loved it. Looking around the pool a lot of women were reading it. I read all 3 books in a week.
I will have to check out some of these books for this years reading material.

Noiseynana 05-06-2013 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer (Post 6044726)
I'm reading the General Chit-Chat forum on the Quilting Board :D:D:D:D (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

Judy , you are sooooo bad. hehehehe