Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Thanksgiving (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/thanksgiving-t312728.html)

Doggramma 10-08-2020 06:37 AM

We’re heading to our daughter and SIL’s in Colorado. They said they’ll work from home for at least 2 weeks before we get there. It’s kind of scary to know we’ll need to stop at rest areas along the way, but we’ll take disinfectant wipes with us. We’re planning on driving straight through so no hotel.

juliasb 10-08-2020 06:58 AM

I am torn. I have been going nowhere since all this began. Only Dr's and PT. Not even church! I so want to go and see my grandchildren and my daughters but as so many torn. The numbers keep climbing here in MI so that makes me leery. My daughter is a special ed teacher and is in her classroom several days a week. I will most likely be staying home this time. Call it fear but I am at so high risk. Time will tell as the holiday gets closer.

Jingle 10-08-2020 03:58 PM

We will be having Thanksgiving at our cabin in the woods as usual. Don't know how many more years we can do this so we are not going to worry about it. Our only chance to see our oldest Grandson and his youngest Daughter ( our 3rd Great Grandchild). We haven't seen her for a few years. Any that want to come can. We aren't worried as we have been around all the others lots.

mjkgquilt 10-08-2020 04:56 PM

Will be staying home this Thanksgiving. At 82 years old and with health issues it is not worth me being exposed to the Virus or any other germs.

Anniedeb 10-08-2020 07:20 PM

We will be having dinner with our 2 sons, DIL, and 2 grandkids. We have kept in contact with them throughout the pandemic, seeing them often. Depending on the weather, we will either do it here, (cold/rainy) or at sons house if the weather is nice. He has a huge patio/outdoor dining area

tranum 10-09-2020 05:07 AM

We made a nice dinner for just ourselves at Easter & it was weird to sit down at a table for 2. Thanksgiving is up in the air yet. Last year I made 21# turkey & 8# ham.

qltnmom 10-09-2020 05:31 AM

I expect to celebrate with my family over zoom. Until we have a vaccine and get things under control, we don’t want to risk getting anyone sick. I’m thinking Christmas will be the same.

grannie cheechee 10-09-2020 06:00 AM

We have gone to our DD and DSIL's for Thanksgiving for the last 5 yrs., and we debated about it this yr.. We have decided
to go. Its our DD birthday, and my DH's is just before. Just no hugging, kissing, and blowing out candles on the birthday
cake. The grand and great grands will be there for the dinner. A lot to be Thankful for, that we still have our health, and that
we can still get there.

NZquilter 10-09-2020 06:03 AM

We will be celebrating like every year, just us and the grandparents.

Quiltah Mama 10-09-2020 03:15 PM

We are planning the usual, DFIL, and my parents. DH and I started the tradition just a few years ago, just our parents for Thanksgiving, and we all rather enjoy it. DH and I, our two children have their own families and do their own thing that day and we adults have a great visit without little kids running around.