Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   And They Will Breed!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/they-will-breed-t42559.html)

cjomomma 04-13-2010 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Pam
So... I appears SOME of our young people do keep up with politics, LOL.

I thought that too but didn't want to say it.

littlehud 04-13-2010 08:19 AM

Those are so funny and scary. Thanks for sharing.

jetnica 04-13-2010 08:31 AM

HAHAHAHA

welcome to the world of teaching high school. sometimes it's all i can to to shake my head and not laugh in their face.

oi.

JJs 04-13-2010 08:56 AM

well, God forbid the little darlings be forced to actually LEARN something...
I am so thankful that I went to school when I did, where I did (50s/60s, in Florida - we actually had to KNOW stuff to get out of school....and had to behave while we were learning it)

Alu_Rathbone 04-13-2010 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by beachlady
Do you really think they will vote? They do not know how to register or find the polling place and they most likely do not care!!!! We may be safe after all!

If they don't vote our government WILL become self reliant and then our entire country will be down the tubes... Then what will we do?

stitchinMamaw 04-13-2010 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by jetnica
HAHAHAHA

welcome to the world of teaching high school. sometimes it's all i can to to shake my head and not laugh in their face.

oi.

Around here kids are out of school more than they attend . Spend more time with their other "activities " than be in school ! Oh , I could go on and on but better not . Annie

Alu_Rathbone 04-13-2010 11:30 AM

It's not the amount they are out... It's more the amount of teaching that actually occurs... they don't learn anything... and it IS having an effect... all the schools are worried about is how well a student is going to do on a standardized test... and those standardized tests are not a good thing... I am not a great test taker... so you can imagine... My act score was a 19... I am very smart, I may not spell everything correctly or use grammar in the exact way I should but no one is perfect... the above is just ignorance... or a kid who is highly intelligent just trying to be a smart arse. 16 year olds are quite clever when it comes to that aspect of their teen age lives.

MadQuilter 04-13-2010 12:09 PM

I laughed so hard I cried. It took me a minute to get the answer to "judicious" - not sure if that is good or bad. lol

Beth33 04-13-2010 01:44 PM

I hope you all realize this is just a joke, it's been floating around the internet for years.

But if it were true, instead of dumping on the kids, I'd question why teachers are making around 50K a year if they can't teach.

Alu_Rathbone 04-13-2010 01:53 PM

WE know it's a joke... but there are kids who would actually put that as answers just to be funny... WE like to play along sometimes.