Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   thinking of buying ipad.....why??????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/thinking-buying-ipad-why-t205440.html)

CarolinePaj 11-08-2012 12:58 PM

I just love love love my ipad. I bought DH one for his birthday last year, he loved it, but I was using it so much he bought me my own for Mothers Day this year. Can't and don't want to be without it.

I use it for .....

email
watching movies and TV
I have online subscriptions to two McCalls quilting magazines that I read on it
I have a kindle, but I prefer to use the ipad
I play games on it...... Boggle rocks!
and many many more things!

Hope this helps with your decision.

Hugs

Caroline

mermaid 11-08-2012 02:06 PM

I use my ipad for the quilt apps, and videos in my sewing room...but have the android also and it is my favorite...does it all and fits in my purse. I don't like carrying the ipad around--too big for my preference---tho size makes a big difference watching videos!

susansomethings 11-08-2012 02:10 PM

Oh you ladies have ME wanting one!

momto5 11-08-2012 06:07 PM

I just bought the new iPad3 and I really like it. Also just bought a new Toshiba laptop, now trying to find the courage to see if I can download some embroidery patterns and not lose everything on both computers....:)

Central Ohio Quilter 11-08-2012 06:16 PM

I love my iPad! I use it for EVERYTHING, as I do not have a computer. It does every thing I would want a computer for, and more. It is small enough to be very portable and large enough to see photos clearly and easily. It takes great quality pictures. I play games. I have used various photo editing programs to design quilt projects. (Such as take a photo of different fabrics and paste them together to see if I like the color combinations.). When I see a photo of a quilt that I like on the board or any other web sight, I just save the picture and put it into a "quilt" folder in my iPad to browse through at another time. That folder provides me with a great deal of inspiration.

My iPad is a great quilting tool as well as a great substitute computer for me! I don't know what I would do with out one!

ione 11-08-2012 07:58 PM

I am looking in into getting the iPad. I thought you could print patterns from it if you the correct _printer,and they do have an app for that. Does anyone have any info on that?

Bamagal 11-08-2012 07:59 PM

I use mine for everything. My latest quilting activity--- I practice fmq moves!! I downloaded a white board app and doodle til my heart is content!!!

quiltingme 11-08-2012 08:27 PM

Love love love my iPad. Much easier to carry around than my laptop.

sept97 11-09-2012 03:55 AM

I'm going out this weekend and getting myself an ipad. I've been wanting one for a long time. I have a laptop but it needs a new battery so I'm hoping I can put my patterns on the ipad and use it in my sewing room. I'm really hoping my embroidery software will work on it too

kathbug 11-09-2012 05:24 AM

My DH just bought me an I pad in August . I had asked for one of those things that you can read books on because I read a lot and spend to much money on books even though I reread them. I decided an iPad would be better. I have to say I love it love it, love it!!!!!!! I take to to watch all the videos on making quilts, hoe to do different techniques, and soooo much more, I take it everywhere and I really didn't think I would. Using it right know! Get one you'll love it!