Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Thinking Of Opening a Donut & Coffee Shop (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/thinking-opening-donut-coffee-shop-t48741.html)

Grammy o'5 06-07-2010 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by marsye

Originally Posted by craftybear
Marsye, open up a quilt shop and you will have lots of orders from her friends here on the quilting board site

You mean like with fabric for sale?
hmmm maybe a donut/fabric shop. :roll:

A fabric shop, with a donut/coffee shop attached. :thumbup:

cjomomma 06-07-2010 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by marsye

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I am back from the store. Marsye here is my donut from you know where and it's partner also from you know where.

OMG!!!! Those look so good!!!! Is that Walmart fabric they are laying on?

Yes it is, it is smiley face suns. It was an impulse buy cause I love smiley faces.

stitchesnstaples 06-07-2010 06:20 PM

We were just talking at work yesterday about opening a donut shop. That had fresh donuts all day. LOL So funny that you brought that up. Donuts give me heart burn so don't have to worry about eating the profit.

QuiltingGrannie 06-07-2010 06:22 PM

My goodness, I had to work today and missed all the prep work for the fabric/donut shop! Whew!

But I'm off for the next three days, so will be at the grand opening.

Since I work at WM in fabrics I can handle the fabric portion of the new store.... How much would everyone like cut?

See you in the morning.....

Coffee by IV, donuts, muffins, fruit and tea should cover it for everyone????/

marsye 06-07-2010 06:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by stitchesnstaples
We were just talking at work yesterday about opening a donut shop. That had fresh donuts all day. LOL So funny that you brought that up. Donuts give me heart burn so don't have to worry about eating the profit.

Eat up! :lol:

marsye 06-07-2010 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
My goodness, I had to work today and missed all the prep work for the fabric/donut shop! Whew!

But I'm off for the next three days, so will be at the grand opening.

Since I work at WM in fabrics I can handle the fabric portion of the new store.... How much would everyone like cut?

See you in the morning.....

Coffee by IV, donuts, muffins, fruit and tea should cover it for everyone????/

Funny you should mention WM fabric......donuts is not all you missed today!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

happynana 06-07-2010 06:56 PM

Hey Marcye,
I used to make donuts for a long while, I could come and help you!! lol.

cjomomma 06-07-2010 06:56 PM

Boy I could use some prilosec right now, them donuts did give me heartburn or maybe it was the other thread. See you in the morning.

Mousie 06-07-2010 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by kylenstevesmom
How are the people who are really far away gonna take advantage of the donuts???? Not to mention the conversations?

If I came to the US and just took awhile to get back to Canada do you think customs is gonna believe me when I tell them I was busy eating donuts, and drinking coffee in AK??? And that the reason my car was full of fabric is cause somebody forced me to buy it???

Do you think the boy's dad would believe me?

Highly doubtful, but worth a try I think!

Let me know when you are opening up.

Theresa

Just tell them to measure your thighs and look in your wallet! :thumbup: Everybody knows, any smart donut eater is a fabric lover too! ;-)

Mousie 06-07-2010 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
I want to see the scary donut!!

O.M. GEEE, Hawk...look at your avatar!!!
Good thing I have my Mousie cape with me, to outfly that cat! :shock: