Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Vacuum cleaner advice (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/vacuum-cleaner-advice-t119839.html)

Stitchit123 05-01-2011 10:28 AM

I have a Dirt Devil Vision -12amp-bagless with all the attachments I have 2 long haired cats and they shed by the bushels and 2 dogs and this machine picks up down to the padding I replaced all my flooring and I didn't flll a dust pan when I broom swept 6rms -2baths -4closets -my Dirt Devil works better after 3yrs than my Aunts brand new Dyson she returned with a lot of flack from the dealer and she got the new version of mine for $189 a difference of $679 which made her final 3car payments and a nice dinner out for 2 a nice tip and a new pair of shoes

Roberta 05-01-2011 10:54 AM

I had six long haired, shedding dogs and we have a Dyson Animal and love it. I burned out several before buying the Dyson and, if a belt should break they replace it free of charge.

BabyCakes 05-01-2011 10:57 AM

Miele for the past 10 yrs and just love it. I paid around 400.00 at that time

joyce888 05-01-2011 11:10 AM

I have two Dysons - one upright; one canister. Love them both.

sassy granny 05-01-2011 11:14 AM

I have a commercial Oreck and like it because it's lightweight. I also have a Hoover canister I like for light jobs. I have a Kirby that is about 40 yrs. old and it has really been used, my house and my 2 sons houses. It is about to take a dump with very little maintenance. I don't like the weight since I have a bad back but I liked what it did so well, I just shelled out 600 bucks for a new one yesterday. I had a home demonstration and the new one worked so much better than the old one, I couldn't resist. It has a gear to make the push and pull almost effortless. I would reccommend them to anybody.

sassy granny

cherrio 05-01-2011 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by nance-ell
We were cleaning house before going on vacation the week before Easter. I think my house is always cleanest right before we leave town because I can't stand coming home to a messy house! LOL. Our vacuum cleaner died just as DH was finishing up the upstairs. So, we're in the market for a vacuum. We've been home a week and NEED to vacuum!!!!! So, just wondering what advice you all might have. We have 2 dogs (one shedder, one non-shedder). We have heard great things about the Dyson model for pets, but I really hate to spring $500-600 for one vacuum cleaner! We've also seen good reviews on LG and it's not quite as pricey. But, if anyone has had great experience with a good machine, I'd like to hear about it before I head to the store.

Thanks!

I have 4 dogs and 2 cats. just got a Dyson DC 33 and I love it! about a hundred less than the Dyson Pet and it seems great! I got a USED kirby and had it for nearly 20, yes, 20 years before it needed replaced. loved the old bird.

MamaYitu 05-01-2011 11:44 AM

We have a pet dyson--thanks to our dd. We have two dogs in the house and this machine is wonderful. It is well worth the price that you pay for it. Love it!

gotta-sew 05-01-2011 11:53 AM

I use a Hover self propelled. I do like it. I need a vacume to be easy to push. How easy is the Dyson? My kids would like me to get one . Just wondering.

MadP 05-01-2011 11:54 AM

I don't like my Dyson. Over the years my favorite was a Fantom.

galvestonangel 05-01-2011 12:39 PM

My upstairs is all carpt and I could not get a vacuum that would push thru the carpet. Kirby has a extra lift on back that powers it thru and I love it and all the attachments. Idid have a light weight Panasonic that I bought about 1990 that lasted for 15 years the new ones are not the same. It was wonderful too. I have tried the Oreck but it is too heavy too. So even tho Kirby is heavy, it is the only one that works on my carpet.