Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   WARNING TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/warning-everyone-t161850.html)

Caswews 10-21-2011 05:06 AM

Hmmm.. why can't I receive a scam that will send me material ? LOL and it appears ?

Sad that people have to scam people, but its been going on since the word scam artist was ever stated. I don't open emails from anyone I don't know or haven't subscribed to.

Thanks for letting us all know !!

Carol Ann 10-21-2011 06:09 AM

My e-mail scam was from Nigeria. Everyone, be very careful with all your e-mails and don't send money to anyone.

SunnyAir 10-21-2011 06:34 AM

A friend of mine wanted to buy a used motorcycle, but they said it's located in the UK, so he should send money so they could ship it. Of course the price was great, but I told him he was about to burn his money. Gladly he canceled the purchase. A lot of troublemakers out there.

Tudey 10-21-2011 06:37 AM

I got one like that once---from someone I had JUST hung up the phone with! Scammers are not the brightest crayons in the box.

Quiltlady330 10-21-2011 06:38 AM

Very smart and appropriate response! :thumbup:

wendiq 10-21-2011 06:40 AM

The very same thing happened to me two weeks ago. And I freaked! My son and my wonderful computer person told me not to worry, it was just my email that was hacked...not my internet. He also said it was most probably a hack into the server's records and that they should be addressing it. They have. I had to change my password with the server (yes, I did verify) and now I feel quite secure....
Hope you are OK now too. It is an old scam and none of my email friends were taken in, but it only takes one for some jerk to make a killing.
Thanks for sharing your experience. These days, we can't be too careful....:)

Momma_K 10-21-2011 07:09 AM

Hope no one falls for this garbage, expecially our seniors!!

Momma_K 10-21-2011 07:12 AM

HA! I can't afford to pay attention let alone send money to a bunch of snot nosed, worm grubbing, low life scammers!!

charity-crafter 10-21-2011 07:28 AM

What always gets me is most of the messages say to send it western union or something equally stupid. Who uses Western Union anymore? I wouldn't even know how to begin to do that.

I keep getting the one from a pastor in Africa who wants me to prayerfully consider infesting in his money making endeavors but don't tell any because it's just an oportunity for me.

kellen46 10-21-2011 07:41 AM

There is a lot of scamming activity going around on Yahoo boards. I got one yesterday from my free-cycle board. they do slip by moderators. the most important thing is not to reply as that is how they hijack your email address book. Delete Delete Delete and contact the boards moderator. Scamers will never go away, in the middle ages they went from town to town selling slivers of the true Cross and other "holy relics"....just be savvy and say no.