Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   We have been invaded!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/we-have-been-invaded-t60736.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 08-23-2010 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by pab58
They look like the ones I call "web worms" because they are in those webs in trees. Nasty little buggers!!! Several years ago I had some escape from a web that was in a flowering crabapple tree. I spent the next half hour sending them to caterpillar heaven (or should I say he**??)!!! :twisted:

I think they all go to heaven. They can't help being who they are Hahahahah :D

katiebear1 08-23-2010 07:12 AM

We had a bad year withthem a few years ago. I think they eat leave on the trees. They caused a lot of damage at the horse farms around here because they would feast on the cherry trees and then leave their ,well their poop in the pastures. I guess there is some toxin in the cherry trees. The horses would eat it when they ate the grass. It caused a lot of the pregnant mares to miscarry.

Ditter43 08-23-2010 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma

Originally Posted by Ditter43
I was looking at images of caterpillars and the closest I could find were fall army worms. They are worse if the season has been wetter then usual.

Humm!! We have had an extremely dry summer, hot and dry. Do they cause a lot of damage?

YES!!

Butterflyspain 08-23-2010 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
Recently I saw a big web nest in a tree with a ton of caterpillars in it. I wondered what they were also.

Be careful of these ones they are poisnous. We have them in Spain. Does it look like a big white web everywhere.

Elle

cjomomma 08-23-2010 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
Recently I saw a big web nest in a tree with a ton of caterpillars in it. I wondered what they were also.

Be careful of these ones they are poisnous. We have them in Spain. Does it look like a big white web everywhere.

Elle

I haven't seen any webs in the trees so I don't know where they are coming from. Oh and aparently they shed their skin. It's gross.

Butterflyspain 08-23-2010 11:06 AM

Sadiemae said she saw webs in trees and these are the ones to be careful of. Canīt remember the name of them but they are dangerous.

Elle

hulahoop1 08-23-2010 12:31 PM

We don't have snakes or catapillars over here. But we do have centipedes (8 inches and a nasty bite), termites, and LOTS of cockroaches of every kind. The "B-52's" are the worst....

cjomomma 08-23-2010 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by hulahoop1
We don't have snakes or catapillars over here. But we do have centipedes (8 inches and a nasty bite), termites, and LOTS of cockroaches of every kind. The "B-52's" are the worst....

I had heard the roach thing about hawaii but didn't know if it was true. What are the "B-52's". Besides a singing group, LOL.

hulahoop1 08-23-2010 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma

Originally Posted by hulahoop1

I had heard the roach thing about hawaii but didn't know if it was true. What are the "B-52's". Besides a singing group, LOL.

They're a big, brown cockroach that are usually about 2.5 inches long and fly straight at you! Absolutely hate those suckers!

harvsstuff 08-23-2010 01:58 PM

I hate those ugly things. Cut the grass this morning and didn't see any of them. Could be we have had so much rain they went to your neck of the woods. Denise