Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weekend Weather (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weekend-weather-t21519.html)

littlehud 06-18-2009 07:46 PM

It was in the 90's and humid here. Good day to stay inside.

tuesy 06-18-2009 08:14 PM

I wish and long for the 90's... we've had nothing but rain... it'll quit raining just long enough for another storm to come through. I know we need the rain, but just not all at once like this...

amma 06-18-2009 08:31 PM

Well, we had snow here in April...hit 90 a few times already...this is crazy weather for here too!!! I am scared for when August comes around, too!! May be purchasing an air conditioner...haven't ever really needed one. Usually only in the 90's a couple of weeks in Aug. but these hot flashes AND 3 months of extreme heat is toooo much for me :oops:

Ninnie 06-18-2009 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by amma
Well, we had snow here in April...hit 90 a few times already...this is crazy weather for here too!!! I am scared for when August comes around, too!! May be purchasing an air conditioner...haven't ever really needed one. Usually only in the 90's a couple of weeks in Aug. but these hot flashes AND 3 months of extreme heat is toooo much for me :oops:

NO Air Conditioner? What are you crazy! If we didn't have air conditioning, someone would get hurt in the middle of a hot flash! :lol: :lol: I keep the bedroom at 67 and DH sleeps under 3 quilts! :wink: Told him I could only get down to naked, but he can always add more clothes.

Hay Piedmont, I will be hibernating inside also, too hot to even go 4-wheeling. Or maybe a trip to the Dairy Queen :wink:

PrettyKitty 06-19-2009 12:34 AM

My local weather forecast over the weekend is between 14 and 17 degrees C (that's between 57 and 63 to all you fahrenheit people! :wink: )

Sunny intervals with a chance of showers on saturday, so I'll wait until Sunday to go topless (I'm talking about the top on my car!!! :oops: :lol: :wink: )

k3n 06-19-2009 12:39 AM

It's been sunny here the past few days and in the high 70s; today is cloudy but the weekend and early next week is low 80s and sun. That for me is too hot to garden in, except morning and evening. I can't imagine 90s and above! DH says the highest we've had this year so far is 90. Hot hot hot!!! I stay indoors or sit in the shade!

Quilt4u 06-19-2009 02:19 AM

You can always send a littel thia way . 3 weeks of 50 and 60 with rain. I need some sun and warm weather. Feels more like Oct. than June.

reneebobby 06-19-2009 02:35 AM

Okay i'm loving the weather I do prefer warm over cold any day of the week. But we might be in most of the weekend do to bad storms and rain. Saturday is the walleye tournament that we were to be in but with the weather NOT HAPPENING. I don't go out on Lake Erie unless it's 3ft. or less.

CajunQuilter2 06-19-2009 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
We had 83 and gorgeous today, 43% humidity. Tomorrow is forecast at 76 and Sat and Sun at 70 and clear skies. It's supposed to be 79 at Disneyland tomorrow.

THATS IT!!!! I am moving to CA. HOT HOT HOT & Humind here is south Louisiana. Zaps the energy right out of ya. Walk out of the house at 7:30 AM & feel like you are stepping into a sauna.

sewjoyce 06-19-2009 05:32 AM

We had a friend drop by yesterday evening -- around 8:00 p.m. I opened the front door to let him in and my glasses fogged up!! Now is that humid or what????