Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-oct-sign-up-t67384.html)

DA Mayer 10-01-2010 01:20 PM

Not shame on you, bump up your activity to balance the increase in calories. Dance a little, run in the playground with your children, go swimming, do something fun just move, keep up the good work.

Ilovemydogs 10-01-2010 01:24 PM

Sometimes you have to reward yourself and not feel guilty about it! Besides, your chocolate doesn't count because its dark and its healthy for you! :-) Nice justification huh?

cjomomma 10-01-2010 02:04 PM

Thank you! Now I'm having French bread pizza. I'm doing it up good today. I don't feel bad about any of it. I will get back on track tomorrow but today I'm gonna enjoy it.

twinkie 10-01-2010 02:40 PM

If it is not too late, I am in. I don't expect to accomplish much as I have quit smoking 5 months ago and have added a lot of extra weight. Good luck everyone

Ilovemydogs 10-01-2010 02:47 PM

If any of you ladies wants to know your percentage of weight loss, I got the "formula" from buslady. All I need is your beginning weight and on Oct 31, your ending weight. I would be happy to keep track of that for trupeach1. Just PM me and I will take care of it.

quilthappygail 10-01-2010 03:12 PM

Congratulations SandraD I am PMing you.

trupeach1 10-01-2010 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ilovemydogs
If any of you ladies wants to know your percentage of weight loss, I got the "formula" from buslady. All I need is your beginning weight and on Oct 31, your ending weight. I would be happy to keep track of that for trupeach1. Just PM me and I will take care of it.

Thanks for doing this. If it works out that it is not too time consuming for you and you want to do % instead of lbs next month I am all for it. Just let me know by Oct 28 so when I do the thread it will say %.

Leota 10-01-2010 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ilovemydogs
Sometimes you have to reward yourself and not feel guilty about it! Besides, your chocolate doesn't count because its dark and its healthy for you! :-) Nice justification huh?

Wellllll. mom took dh and i out to an "all you can stuff yourself" buffet tonight. I didn't go overboard with the bad food but i still ate too much and with in15 mins of eating, I was sick with a very nasty tummy ache and cramps, etc... ya'll get the picture.... I hope i lost some weight because of my pain.... now back on program and forward ho.

We are all winners if we honestly try to eat healthier.

quilthappygail 10-01-2010 10:34 PM

My DH has convinced me to go to JC for the last 15 or so pounds I need to lose. He says he is a bad influence on me and wants me to be happy with myself. Isn't that sweet. I'll do the special they have going on now and see if that will jump start me. I really hate to spend the money on JC I would much rather spend it on fabric.
Gail

bronald 10-02-2010 06:32 AM

It's 7;30 am I've had my run and ate my breakfast. 2 egg white muffins,1 slice Silverhills bread toasted and 2 lilydale turkey bacon. 238 cal. 30g. protien and 5 fiber. I'm off to a great start hope I can keep it up all day. Pot luck at church today, that's always a big temptation. Hope you all have a great day.