Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-oct-sign-up-t67384.html)

Leota 10-02-2010 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by wvdek
I don't know if I can do this, I have been pretty good all summer, but I have regressed the last month and a half.
I will give it a whirl I guess. Not like I need one more thing on my plate, but my winter pants are too tight and I am getting out of breath too quickly.

You can do it WVDek... we're all behind you....

CAROLJ 10-02-2010 02:37 PM

My grandson scored a goal! Yeah!

It wass raining here today. I hope it doesn't rain this afternoon so I can get my bike ride in.

I have done fairly well with my weight loss. I'm down 40 pounds only 35 more to go. At least I'm past the half way mark. Once I lose this I would like to keep going. I would like to be down to 135 by the end of Feb.

It is so nice to read about everyone's struggles as I don't feel like it is only me. Whether is is 2 or 200 pounds we all seem to face similar demons.

LJSews4Fun 10-02-2010 02:58 PM

My doctors want me to work a no carb diet. Meaning they only want me to eat Dark Green and Leafy veggies. So I am doing a modified Atkins. Been with it a week so far, hanging in there. It is not so bad. I can have a portion of meat or fish and Asparagus; Brussel Sprouts; Mixed Greens for salad; Green pepper; onions and mushrooms, so far. It hasn't been that bad. I don't use sugar so I am ahead already. I am not allowed any grains at this time. Need to lose at least 60 lbs. Want to get back down to a size 16, which is what I was 2 years ago. Currently a size 20 and it is depressing. On a good note, I put my jeans on and HAD to wear a belt and guess what. I put it down two notches. Whoooohoo

Leota 10-02-2010 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by LJSews4Fun
My doctors want me to work a no carb diet. Meaning they only want me to eat Dark Green and Leafy veggies. So I am doing a modified Atkins. Been with it a week so far, hanging in there. It is not so bad. I can have a portion of meat or fish and Asparagus; Brussel Sprouts; Mixed Greens for salad; Green pepper; onions and mushrooms, so far. It hasn't been that bad. I don't use sugar so I am ahead already. I am not allowed any grains at this time. Need to lose at least 60 lbs. Want to get back down to a size 16, which is what I was 2 years ago. Currently a size 20 and it is depressing. On a good note, I put my jeans on and HAD to wear a belt and guess what. I put it down two notches. Whoooohoo

You're shrinking :D That's always encouraging...even if the scales say you're not losing

Dee 10-02-2010 05:01 PM

Ok, count me in for Oct. May work out for me.

CAROLJ 10-02-2010 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by LJSews4Fun

Whoooohoo is right, it is thrilling to lose!

ChristineD 10-02-2010 05:56 PM

Is it too late to join in this month?

christine

trupeach1 10-02-2010 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by wvdek
Not like I need one more thing on my plate.

:lol: :lol: :lol: None of us do!!!!!!!!!!!!

trupeach1 10-02-2010 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by ChristineD
Is it too late to join in this month?

christine

If you don't mind that we all had a days head start I don't mind. Really how much difference could a day make...............2 oz?

Dee 10-02-2010 06:29 PM

Well if its to late. I'll join the next one.