Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-oct-sign-up-t67384.html)

cjomomma 10-02-2010 06:57 PM

Hey you all guess what? I decided to pull out an old t-shirt that I had put away 2 yrs. ago because it was way too tight and it fit very nicely. It is amazing how 25 or so lbs. can make a big difference in the size of the waste line and shoulders and chin and butt and ok I will stop. I am just so excited to finally take some of the weight off. It would be nice to lose another 5 or more this month. I don't care if I never win the FQ's as long as I continue to lose.

Bluelady 10-02-2010 07:25 PM

I'm in!

remclave 10-02-2010 08:48 PM

I am working on losing weight but don't know if I'm eligible to join...

However I wanted to note that I have a spreadsheet that I've built that gives me ALL the factoids that I like to see while losing weight.

I can VERY quickly put together a spreadsheet. For tracking I would need the person's board name, their start weight (on Oct 1st), end weight (on Oct 31st) and, (this part is very important), the desired maintenance weight (otherwise % lost wont work....) I can then paste progress reports here. If you are interested, let me know.

Edited to add:
My stats would look like this: remclave/267.8/???/150

bookworm 10-02-2010 09:39 PM

I'm giving the "South Beach Diet" a try. Just went grocery shopping for food for this week's meals. All yogurt, greens, fish and lean chicken. :) Wish me luck

gramadona 10-02-2010 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by remclave

However I wanted to note that I have a spreadsheet that I've built that gives me ALL the factoids that I like to see while losing weight.

I can VERY quickly put together a spreadsheet. For tracking I would need the person's board name, their start weight (on Oct 1st), end weight (on Oct 31st) and, (this part is very important), the desired maintenance weight (otherwise % lost wont work....) I can then paste progress reports here. If you are interested, let me know.

Edited to add:

Sounds good to me... :D

reach for the stars 2 10-03-2010 05:52 AM

Count me in I will give it a go!!!

remclave 10-03-2010 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by gramadona

Edited to add:

Sounds good to me... :D

Sweet! All participants need to PM their information to me and I will get the spreadsheet set up. Obviously, where the ???'s are will be filled by the END-OF-MONTH weights.

gramadona, I used to live in Fairfield, CA!

cindle 10-03-2010 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1

Does that mean I'm in or out?

trupeach1 10-03-2010 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by cindle

Originally Posted by trupeach1

Does that mean I'm in or out?

If you check page 10 I said that even though you are a day last it was fine to join and welcome aboard!!!!!!!!

trupeach1 10-03-2010 08:34 AM

If you still want to join you are more then welcome. Every month there are still people joining a few days after I say it is closed. If someone wants to join and this will get them to be a healthier person I can't say no. Whoever once it is around the 4 or 5 then I ask them to wait until the next month as the rest have had a large head start.

Maybe I shouldn't do that but this is not like a swap where partners are assigned it is just a matter of putting someones name on the list. I don't think anyone should have a problem with late comers.