Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-oct-sign-up-t67384.html)

bronald 10-04-2010 10:35 AM

I went walking with my sister-in-law this morning at 5:45 feels like I've been up for ever.

thelondonzoo 10-04-2010 11:43 AM

Would anyone like to make a "fat quilt" with me? I have been thinking that for every pound I lose I'll make a 6" quilt block. After I've lost all my weight, I'll put the whole thing together to remind myself of how far I've come. Just something to give me a visual of the pounds I've lost and to keep me quilting, lol. Anyone can make their own quilt and maybe we can post picks of the blocks we make. What do you think?

trupeach1 10-04-2010 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
Would anyone like to make a "fat quilt" with me? I have been thinking that for every pound I lose I'll make a 6" quilt block. After I've lost all my weight, I'll put the whole thing together to remind myself of how far I've come. Just something to give me a visual of the pounds I've lost and to keep me quilting, lol. Anyone can make their own quilt and maybe we can post picks of the blocks we make. What do you think?

I was thinking of doing the same thing a few months ago. I wanted to use food, however I didn't have food fabric and money was short so I couldn't buy any. I should have used any fabric I would have had 24 blocks made and only another 40 more to make.

trupeach1 10-04-2010 12:47 PM

OK so far so good today........

Oatmeal for breakfast as usual with apple/bananas. I was buying Best Baby but Organic Baby was one sale, I have 48 jars so I HAVE to eat them but they are not as good.

Lunch.......ham and eggs with a slice of homebaked bread

Snack...........I like tea with something around this time but since I didn't know what to have since I have no mini muffins left I am eating popcorn. I better bake something snacky for tomorrow.

OHHHHHH earlier I had a coffee shake......using powdered milk makes to so thick, thick foam forms on the top it is almost like cream.

Dinner..........simmer while I type, cream of broccoli soup with caprese salad...........DS get fresh mozzarella when he was here last week, I still have a few tomatoes from my garden and I have fresh basil growing on the window sill.

Yogurt, fruit and tea as a bedtime snack.............

cjomomma 10-04-2010 02:37 PM

That's a neat idea. I think I will join you.

thelondonzoo 10-04-2010 02:50 PM

Awesome! Should we post on this thread or should I make a separate thread for it. So far we have four people that want to make fat quilts! Woo! :)

Maggiemay 10-04-2010 02:57 PM

At the rate I'm going it would take me 30 years to finish it!

Oh, wait, if I took blocks away for gaining mine would be potholder sized!

Leota 10-04-2010 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Maggiemay
At the rate I'm going it would take me 30 years to finish it!

Oh, wait, if I took blocks away for gaining mine would be potholder sized!

LOL... mine too.

cjomomma 10-04-2010 04:18 PM

Awesome! Should we post on this thread or should I make a separate thread for it. So far we have four people that want to make fat quilts! Woo! :)

See what trupeach thinks.

MissyGirl 10-04-2010 05:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys! I'm sorry I haven't been around much the last few days. Our internet was down. :(

Today Mike and I went and had our portraits done. Here is the link to our album.

http://www.myonlineportraits.com/Vie...2-510112a869e3

Enjoy!

Missy

Here is my favorite one...:):):)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]89758[/ATTACH]