Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-oct-sign-up-t67384.html)

MissyGirl 10-11-2010 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by SandraD
I will take my grandson for a walk this evening. I will be babysitting tonight and he loves to be outside. He is 6 months old.

What a doll! He is just adorable Sandra!

Missy

pamelajean73 10-11-2010 03:53 PM

Did you get the apple cider vinegar???????????? If you haven't you should!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D[/quote]

Do you do the raw organic apple cider vinegar?
I have some because my mom said I should try it, but I don't really know what to do with it....please let me know if you are using it and what you mix it in and how often you are taking it.

Congrats on the new and improved waistline! Always so encouraging when you can see the results somewhere besides the scale!

trupeach1 10-11-2010 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by dgrindey

Originally Posted by trupeach1
A Peach UPDATE..................I have a waist, not a tiny waist but one never the less. Even though I haven't been losing much or exercising when I look down my belly doesn't seem as BIG. Today I looked in a mirror dressed in undies and low and behold there is a little curve for a waist. Now isn't that a wonder????????????

HURRAY!!! I'm sure you are looking good with the loss.

Lets just say I wouldn't wear a thong! LOL

SandraD 10-11-2010 06:15 PM

A Peach UPDATE..................I have a waist, not a tiny waist but one never the less. Even though I haven't been losing much or exercising when I look down my belly doesn't seem as BIG. Today I looked in a mirror dressed in undies and low and behold there is a little curve for a waist. Now isn't that a wonder????????????

Hey thongs are okay. I just wear them on my feet. My daughters call them flip flops! LOL

trupeach1 10-11-2010 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by pamelajean73
Did you get the apple cider vinegar???????????? If you haven't you should!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

I have some because my mom said I should try it, but I don't really know what to do with it....please let me know if you are using it and what you mix it in and how often you are taking it.

Congrats on the new and improved waistline! Always so encouraging when you can see the results somewhere besides the scale![/quote]

You are suppose to have 1-2 tbsp of vinegar in a glass of water when you get up in the morning then have breakfast. They say you can add honey to it but I don't. You are suppose to have then same amount before each meal. Google health benefits of apple cider vinegar you will find a lot. There is also a book title Amazing Apple Cider Vinegar, I got it a few days ago and haven't read it. Even if you do nothing in the way of exerciseing or dieting you will loss 1 1/2 lbs per month drinking the vinegar. I decided to fill a pitcher with water and add about 1/4 c of vinegar to that and drink it during the day. I don't follow the rules of before meals. I think it says it gets rid of belly fat and I wonder if that is why I have a waist line. A few weeks ago my waist measured 43 inchs today it measured 38 1/2. Yet I didn't loss weight so I can't figure that out.

I also started to use blackstrap molasses, it has tons of iron and only 60 calories for 1 tbsp. It also will make you regular. (MISSY DID YOU HEAR ME NO PRUNES) I like the taste so I would put it in a breakfast smoothie. However I couldn't sleep for months I would wake up after sleeping about 2-3 hours. They (WHO IS THEY) say that warm milk will help you fall asleep and stay asleep so I started drinking warm fat free milk with 1 tbsp of molasses before I go to sleep and I have been sleeping through the night. They say if you don't get the correct amount of sleep you can't loss weight.

The other things I do is when I am hungry I will eat a 4 oz jar of baby food carrots. If I am not drinking water I drink tea no sugar or milk but either cinnamon or cloves both of which reduces hunger. Cinnamon is one of the best antioxidents.

trupeach1 10-11-2010 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by SandraD

Hey thongs are okay. I just wear them on my feet. My daughters call them flip flops! LOL

ROFLAO............tears are rolling down my face that is too funny!!!!!! What a belly laugh I had, the windows are open and my new neighbor is outside. I wonder if she thinks I am nuts.

MissyGirl 10-12-2010 12:35 AM

If I were to put a thong on...you would never find it again! Hehe!!

Missy

MissyGirl 10-12-2010 12:38 AM

Did you get the apple cider vinegar???????????? If you haven't you should!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Congrats on the new and improved waistline! Always so encouraging when you can see the results somewhere besides the scale!

You are suppose to have 1-2 tbsp of vinegar in a glass of water when you get up in the morning then have breakfast. They say you can add honey to it but I don't. You are suppose to have then same amount before each meal. Google health benefits of apple cider vinegar you will find a lot. There is also a book title Amazing Apple Cider Vinegar, I got it a few days ago and haven't read it. Even if you do nothing in the way of exerciseing or dieting you will loss 1 1/2 lbs per month drinking the vinegar. I decided to fill a pitcher with water and add about 1/4 c of vinegar to that and drink it during the day. I don't follow the rules of before meals. I think it says it gets rid of belly fat and I wonder if that is why I have a waist line. A few weeks ago my waist measured 43 inchs today it measured 38 1/2. Yet I didn't loss weight so I can't figure that out.

I also started to use blackstrap molasses, it has tons of iron and only 60 calories for 1 tbsp. It also will make you regular. (MISSY DID YOU HEAR ME NO PRUNES) I like the taste so I would put it in a breakfast smoothie. However I couldn't sleep for months I would wake up after sleeping about 2-3 hours. They (WHO IS THEY) say that warm milk will help you fall asleep and stay asleep so I started drinking warm fat free milk with 1 tbsp of molasses before I go to sleep and I have been sleeping through the night. They say if you don't get the correct amount of sleep you can't loss weight.

The other things I do is when I am hungry I will eat a 4 oz jar of baby food carrots. If I am not drinking water I drink tea no sugar or milk but either cinnamon or cloves both of which reduces hunger. Cinnamon is one of the best antioxidents.[/quote]

YES TRU I NOTICED YOU DID NOT SAY PRUNES! LOL!!! I am glad you did not say prunes because I might have had to puke or something. LMAO!

Missy

pamelajean73 10-12-2010 04:51 AM

Thank you for the info tru.
I will have to start adding it to my water I drink - as long as I can tolerate the taste...kinda reminds me of dying easter eggs, and I remember my mom telling us NOT to drink the easter egg water...

Short an Sweet 10-12-2010 04:55 AM

the colder you make it the easier it is to drink, I keep my vinegar in the fridge and and I leave a cocktail shaker in the freezer, add ice, water, vinegar & shake, and it's really not to bad

Thank you for the info tru.
I will have to start adding it to my water I drink - as long as I can tolerate the taste...kinda reminds me of dying easter eggs, and I remember my mom telling us NOT to drink the easter egg water...