Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-oct-sign-up-t67384.html)

ljs317 10-20-2010 08:49 AM

Tru, Here is a quote from William Butler Yeats that suits you to a tee.

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends."

You have such friends! Everyone here holds you in such high reguard that you should proud of just who you are "the one and only trupeach" Your are not your disabilities or your weight you are just you the wonderful you we all love.

dgrindey 10-20-2010 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Well I gained 2 lbs. I have been bedridden again for over 2 weeks how could I lose weight if I can't exercise or for that matter move. I am depressed not with the weight gain but with my disability.

As for the fish and spinach, I am allergic to fish ALL fish including tuna.

Well, I guess that won't work!!! I'll say prayers for you, Tru. You will be fine.

lauriejo 10-20-2010 01:10 PM

Well the only way I am going to win the FQ this month is if I cut off a limb LOL! But, and let me tell you it's a big butt, I haven't gained this week. Woohoo

cjomomma 10-20-2010 01:39 PM

I haven't exercised in 4 days and I still lost half a pound!!! I'm surprised cause I haven't been eating very well either.

lauriejo 10-20-2010 02:13 PM

Way to go Carrie! Maybe that is the half pound Tru was supposed to lose?

SandraD 10-20-2010 05:58 PM

Getting ready to go camping in northern MN tomorrow a.m. This could seriously blow my diet or I could freeze my butt off. How much do you suppose that weighs??

CAROLJ 10-20-2010 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by SandraD
Getting ready to go camping in northern MN tomorrow a.m. This could seriously blow my diet or I could freeze my butt off. How much do you suppose that weighs??

Well if you freeze it off, you should lose weight!

:lol:

trupeach1 10-20-2010 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Well the only way I am going to win the FQ this month is if I cut off a limb LOL! But, and let me tell you it's a big butt, I haven't gained this week. Woohoo

I have been so hungry all day today send that limb over to me I could make it into a roast with potaotes, peas and small pearl onions!!!!!!!!!!!

CAROLJ 10-20-2010 06:55 PM

I went cyling tonight, it was cold and windy. I was about three miles from home when a dog charged the bike and bit me in the ankle. Boy does it hurt!

cjomomma 10-20-2010 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
I went cyling tonight, it was cold and windy. I was about three miles from home when a dog charged the bike and bit me in the ankle. Boy does it hurt!

That is aweful. I hope it is not bad, dog bites can get infected fast so keep an eye on it.