Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   weight loss challenge...........with a prize (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-t44123.html)

trupeach1 05-05-2010 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Leota
Thank you for the birthday wishes.
Here are pictures of my ice cream pie

I want a piece a BIG ONE :shock: :shock: OOOOOOOOOh Noooooooooo.......... I was just licking my screen. I turned 55 March 5, we're the same ago!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Leota 05-05-2010 02:12 PM

Be careful about licking your computer screen.... If you drool in the wrong place...it could be a shocking experience.

Yippie we are twins!

mama2josh 05-05-2010 02:20 PM

Happy birthday Leota!

I did my second workout today, even though I was so sore this morning I could barely get out of bed. Have I mentioned I hate exercise? I guess it's a little bit more motivating on the wii, since it tells me if I'm doing it wrong and is interactive.
I joined weight watchers online, so hopefully I will be able to find some tasty recipes that will keep me from going back to my old ways. For lunch today I had greek chicken pitas - super yummy and only 4 points :-) And there are leftovers so I can have it tomorrow for lunch and not have to worry about making something.
I'm in the process of a fridge clean out - getting rid of the high-fat stuff that only I eat. The tough part for me is that I need to pack as many calories in to my son's food as possible (he was born with a critical heart defect, so he's on the smallish side and doesn't eat much) and my boyfriend has the metabolism of a hummingbird! 6'7", 200lbs and eats junk food all day. Plus he's a super picky eater (the f, not the son) So making meals that will please everyone and meet everyone's needs may be tough.
So I guess that sums up where I am right now. According to my Wii balance board, I've lost a pound so far this week.
Tara

Leota 05-05-2010 02:41 PM

Thank you Tara,
Fix for you and son and let dh fix for himself...
Keep going girls.. I'm a lifetime member of WW but I'm over weight because I didn't stay on program because my dh didn't like what I fixed... he liked junk food... Now I fix for me and if he doesn't like it he doesn't have to eat it... but don't even mess up the kitchen after I get it cleaned :D

trupeach1 05-05-2010 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by mama2josh
Happy birthday Leota!

I did my second workout today, even though I was so sore this morning I could barely get out of bed. Have I mentioned I hate exercise? I guess it's a little bit more motivating on the wii, since it tells me if I'm doing it wrong and is interactive.
I joined weight watchers online, so hopefully I will be able to find some tasty recipes that will keep me from going back to my old ways. For lunch today I had greek chicken pitas - super yummy and only 4 points :-) And there are leftovers so I can have it tomorrow for lunch and not have to worry about making something.
I'm in the process of a fridge clean out - getting rid of the high-fat stuff that only I eat. The tough part for me is that I need to pack as many calories in to my son's food as possible (he was born with a critical heart defect, so he's on the smallish side and doesn't eat much) and my boyfriend has the metabolism of a hummingbird! 6'7", 200lbs and eats junk food all day. Plus he's a super picky eater (the f, not the son) So making meals that will please everyone and meet everyone's needs may be tough.
So I guess that sums up where I am right now. According to my Wii balance board, I've lost a pound so far this week.
Tara

You're doing great.........Take it one pound at a time and before you know it there will be 5 then 10 and so on. I saw on your profile you make aprons if you didn't know Moday is National wear an apron day. I will be sure to have one on. Then again I always wear on apron when I cook. :-D :-D

mama2josh 05-05-2010 03:01 PM

Ha, I didn't know that! I'll be sure to wear an apron on Monday now!

trupeach1 05-06-2010 10:45 AM

Got weighed this morning, I lost 1 lb. Baby steps but that is the way to keep it off. No crash diets that's when you gain it all back. Since Feb I have lost over 20 lbs so you all can do it just keep going. Yesterday my DD said my legs look thinner, not thin as I still have over 40 lbs to lose but thinner. I noticed I have somewhat of a waist.

Dinner.........leftover stuffed pepper!!!!!!!

carolevidak 05-06-2010 11:32 AM

Good for you Peach!!! 1 lb is 1 lb. Much better than a gain. You are doing so good. But, boy, does that stuffed pepper sound good.

Carole

JudeWill 05-06-2010 01:41 PM

Way to go, Peach! :thumbup: Keep it up!

Leota 05-06-2010 02:50 PM

WOO HOO!!!! Way to go TruPeach!