Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Westminster Dog Show (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/westminster-dog-show-t100184.html)

Sienna's GiGi 02-16-2011 12:12 AM

My Scrappy Dew barked at the dog on the intro to the Grapes of Wrath movie. Then he proceeded to jump of the couch to give the TV a piece of his mind. He loves Animal Planet when I'm in the states. Go figure....

QBeth 02-16-2011 04:17 AM

The winner was a Scottish something or other. Some kind of hunting dog with long legs. Really cute.

wvhill22 02-16-2011 04:19 AM

lol funny..i missed it. i would have loved to have seen it

slstitcher 02-16-2011 06:14 AM

My little teacup poodle tries to jump on the tv and get the dogs. Sh always thinks she is tough. I can't watch the movie Marley or other dog shows with her around. She tries to get them all.

Emmy Sue 02-16-2011 06:24 AM

The winner was a five year old Scottish deerhound from Virginia named Hickory

twospoiledhuskies 02-16-2011 06:48 AM

Hee Hee. I watched my 3 dogs slept. Don't think they were very impressed :-D :-D

nycquilter 02-16-2011 11:23 AM

my yellow lab does not pay attention to the television. She would prefer we don't either...sits and whines to play "Maddie in the middle" with her. the only time she hears the tv is when a doorbell rings. She barks, runs to the door, and can't be convinced no one is there. However, people have been known to drive up our very long driveway, park and exit their car, slamming the door, and walking into our kitchen, calling "hello" before Maddy even hears them--go figure. We call her a laprador (she loves our laps) releaver (she does not retrieve, just leaves the ball). But she is a wonderful girl in all other ways

Laurie

Central Ohio Quilter 02-16-2011 11:24 AM

I love watching the WDS! Those dogs are beautiful!

I love the St. Bernards, Clumber Spaniels, Boxers, and oh, so many more!

I do think the dog that won Best in Show is a rather scroungy looking breed. He was a beautiful dog, but not the most attractive breed.

CarrieAnne 02-16-2011 11:34 AM

The winner was on Martha Stewart today. Nice dog, I have never seen one before!

Cybrarian 02-16-2011 11:35 AM

Scottish deer hounds are a very old breed, used by lairds and clan members for hunting and protecting WAY back in the day. They are very protective of their "pack" whatever or whoever they are. They are capable of keeping up with a full grown male deer in flight mode, which is no small feat. Their coat looks "scruffy" because it is multi-toned and allows the dog to move through heavy, thorny underbrush without getting hung up in it. They are very loving and sweet, but don't mess with their family!I love it when a breen that has competed for many years finally wins the big dance! Or one of them anyway, there are many wonderful dog shows around the world, I wish we could see how things are done in other countries.