Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What to charge for a quilters caddy? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-charge-quilters-caddy-t207391.html)

orangeroom 12-03-2012 08:09 AM

Well! I never... All sarcasm aside, I can't believe she was too frugal to spend $17.50 on her daughter for such a well made caddy! What quality does she really think she's going to get from WM?

I agree with a lot of previous posts. Most people love a bargain. (Your price was certainly a bargain). Whenever I have garage sales, I price things higher than what I really expect to get for them. That way in case a true bargain hunter (like me) wants to barter...we are both happy. I sell it at the price I really wanted and the customer is happy thinking they got a bargain! I know that I've priced my items too low when no one asks to barter.

She was nuts though! She could've gotten a personally made quilter's caddy for an amazing price! Too bad for her and all the drama! It does look nice though! Nice finished project!

wolph33 12-03-2012 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by orangeroom (Post 5695566)
Well! I never... All sarcasm aside, I can't believe she was too frugal to spend $17.50 on her daughter for such a well made caddy! What quality does she really think she's going to get from WM?

I agree with a lot of previous posts. Most people love a bargain. (Your price was certainly a bargain). Whenever I have garage sales, I price things higher than what I really expect to get for them. That way in case a true bargain hunter (like me) wants to barter...we are both happy. I sell it at the price I really wanted and the customer is happy thinking they got a bargain! I know that I've priced my items too low when no one asks to barter.

She was nuts though! She could've gotten a personally made quilter's caddy for an amazing price! Too bad for her and all the drama! It does look nice though! Nice finished project!

I agree.It is a well made beautiful caddy.your price is reasonable.Some people just do not understand handcrafted is way better than cheap mass produced imported cr-p.

gmaybee 12-03-2012 03:14 PM

I've made the same caddy and I wouldn't sell it for less than $20.

grandmaemma 12-03-2012 03:43 PM

I would say $20 minimum. I like it and I'd pay that. Very pretty and neat. GREAT JOB!

Annaquilts 12-03-2012 04:04 PM

No less then $20.

Annaquilts 12-03-2012 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat (Post 5693849)
Thank you. I split the difference and told the person $17.50 and told her there was around $6.00 of materials in it. She declined as it was too expensive and would look for something similar at Walmart. <sigh>

It will cost the same at Walmart. Your price was very fair especially as it was custom made.

AuntieD 12-03-2012 05:34 PM

That is really cute. I think $15 is fair. Let us know how things go.

Milli 12-03-2012 06:13 PM

Too little, I would pay $25 for one.

sewdamncute 12-03-2012 06:38 PM

[QUOTE=Jan in VA;5692557]Why not market it as the major retailers do.....at $19.95. Or $21.95. Or $26.95.
They're awfully cute and useful!

Jan in VA[/QUOTE

I agree with Jan...just try to make a little profit:thumbup:

Phannie1 12-03-2012 06:54 PM

Wonderful Caddie. Love the idea that it would have been custom for me. I would have been glad to $20.00. Good luck for your future sales.