Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What did you do on this beautiful day????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-did-you-do-beautiful-day-t69086.html)

Luv Quilts and Cats 10-08-2010 03:16 PM

I worked and don't have Monday off. Still, the weekend is supposed to be New England Fall beautiful and I love it! I was supposed to have a quilting party Sunday, but life intervened in just about everyone's life, so I had to cancel. But that's ok, I need to clean up and organize piles on the floor (not fabric) but books and papers.

By the way, your littel man is very handsome!

Ditter43 10-08-2010 03:16 PM

It was so nice out today, I hated to stay inside. But, if I am going to get this king sized quilt done for Christmas, I have to keep working on it! I need to do a few things outside, so part of tomorrow I plan to be outside getting my vitaminD!!! :D

Suzan Larrimore 10-08-2010 03:28 PM

I made a 150 mile round trip to NJ to pick up my block for the Civil War tribute quilt and to start this years Saturday Sampler. It's a trip that normally takes @ and hour and twenty minutes one way, that took almost two and a half because of the Philly's game tonight.

StitchinJoy 10-08-2010 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Suzan Larrimore
I made a 150 mile round trip to NJ to pick up my block for the Civil War tribute quilt and to start this years Saturday Sampler. It's a trip that normally takes @ and hour and twenty minutes one way, that took almost two and a half because of the Philly's game tonight.

I spent the beautiful day ironing my recently washed purchases from tropicalquilter.com and finishing up the quilting on a client's quilt.

Suzan, I'm wondering where you live and where you shopped! Maybe at Pennington Quilts? I'm in Bucks County, wearing red and watching the Phillies even as I type this. (GO PHILS!)

0tis 10-08-2010 03:33 PM

I was loading a quilt onto my HQ Avante and a new friend dropped by - we got to talking so much they whole day flew by - now I have to get back to loading my quilt.
The little guy looks like he is having a good time. Kids are amazing at that age.

ssgramma 10-08-2010 03:49 PM

DH and I had a WONDERFUL day in Nashville at Cheekwood (Art Musuem/Botanical Gardens) seeing the Chihuly glass installations in the gardens. It was about 85 and a fabulous day for a picnic and seeing the beautiful gardens!!!

quilter2 10-08-2010 04:28 PM

Little man is such a cutie, playing in the dirt is great, my kids loved to do that.

cherylynne 10-08-2010 04:35 PM

We went to the apple orchard. We bought apple cider, doughnuts and apples. Then we went to the nursery and got two pumpkins and some beautiful mums. All of this with my 3 year old DGS. It was a beautiful day!!

Baysidegal 10-08-2010 05:08 PM

I made a tea cozy for my SIL for an auction basket...just have to add the binding tomorrow and its done.. Then I am going to continue working on my daisy quilt for my DGD..

pab58 10-08-2010 05:16 PM

I spent my day with my wonderful pre-teens and teenagers -- I teach. :D I then came home, cooked dinner, took the "girls" (my furbabies) outside for a while and took some pics of them, chatted with my neighbor, my sweetie built a fire in the firepit, and then we sat outside on the swing and enjoyed the beautiful fall evening. 8-) For the rest of the weekend I will be quilting. I really have to finish a wedding quilt I 'm working on! :roll: :oops: