Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What did you do on this beautiful day????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-did-you-do-beautiful-day-t69086.html)

luckylindy333 10-08-2010 05:20 PM

A beautiful day in western Washington, too. I am working, took two walks today so far!

quiltlady37 10-08-2010 05:22 PM

I spent the day at the AQS Quilt show in Des Moines. What an awesome way to spend a day.

dakotamaid 10-08-2010 05:37 PM

Spent the day hanging a new screen door, re caulking all the windows. Fixed supper for my SIL, BIL and MIL. Us girls are going to the Des MOines quilt show tomorrow.:):) The guys are putting in another door and watching football. Getting ready to put this house on the market!!!

amma 10-08-2010 05:42 PM

Cloudy and humid here today :D I starched up some fabric, and plan on starting a OBW today :D:D:D

sueisallaboutquilts 10-08-2010 05:43 PM

I had to be outside today. It was absolutely glorious out!
I raked all the black walnuts up, took a walk, worked outside and enjoyed every minute of it.

cjomomma 10-08-2010 05:56 PM

I love this!! Seeing what you all did today.

dellareya 10-08-2010 06:37 PM

I enjoyed the first official day of my retirement.
We went to visit my mother-in-law. I was a long exhausting drive. I'm itching to get to my sewing machine but just too tired.

quiltnmom 10-08-2010 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by clem55
Both grandkids spent Friday night( Sydney8,Dylan5) and after breakfasdt we headed out to The Gap for clothes shopping. Fun seeing what an 8 year old girl will pick out when on her own!!LOL Then it was to Beef O'Bradys for lunch, and then home for playing outdside. They love riding their bikes here, and swinging on the treee swing. Later we made Cocoa Drop cookies(candy). Big mess, lotds of fun and now they have gone to spend the week-end with their daddy. and grandma and grandpa are worn out!! Loved every minute with them!!!!

Carol I had to read this a few times. I thought I lost track of time. You said the grandkids spent Friday night with you. I REALLY hope you meant Thursday night because if not that means I have to go back to work tomorrow!

Dellaraye congratulations on your first day of retirement.

As for my day, I went to work, everything that could go wrong did go wrong. The I went to Wal-mart to get groceries for the cookout we are having on Sunday. All the kids and grandkids are coming this weekend for the Chrysthanimum Festival that will be downtown this weekend.

Millstream Mom 10-08-2010 07:00 PM

Congratulations Dellaraye!

Hmmm - bought a quilters software program this morning, worked 1-9 and have spent a couple of hours playing on the computer.

I'd have loved to have been able to go out and play in the dirt this afternoon too!

KatFish 10-08-2010 07:12 PM

I gathered eggs for the neighbor (9,420 of them) so he could take his boys fishing, and inbetween the morning and evening egg run I went to Joanns and took advantage of the 50% off on the fusable fleece and got a roll of 15 yards to finish my Christmas bow tucks purses and some fabric that was on sale. DH took me out for supper so that I didn't have to cook. I hate to cook after looking at all thoses eggs. LOL :D