Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What do you collect ~ besides fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-do-you-collect-%7E-besides-fabric-t243220.html)

reginalovesfabric 03-16-2014 02:12 PM

I collect pincushion, Santas (though I have been giving them away) snowmen, and back in the 80's I collected Cabbage Patch dolls. I have over 30 and I work with two young men that have young daughters and I gave each girl one of my dolls and the birth certificate. Funny the one I gave to Ryleigh had the same birthday as she did, how cool it that? I also have way too many cook books and embroidery designs for my machine that I will never use and I have zillions of quilt magazines that I can not part with.

deplaylady 03-16-2014 03:02 PM

I love vintage sewing machines, especially hand cranks , but I've limited myself to the number that can fit in my workroom and on display. I collect and play musical instruments, mostly the string family. I collect nesting dolls. And bears - especially Muffy Vanderbear, her dog Lulu, cat Purrlie - and all their little outfits of course!

Iraxy 03-16-2014 03:33 PM

NOTHING! my DH is just about 3 " short of being a hoarder and I spend my time dissuading him from getting another thing! LOL when not tearing my hair out!

libby2595 03-16-2014 04:57 PM

i collect...

* puppy hair on my black work clothes
* ex-husbands (i've got two, so far)
* vintage sewing machines (i have 7)
* race t-shirts
i'd like to collect race medals... i only have 2, so far. i'll have three by next month

caspharm 03-16-2014 05:05 PM

Lately, it's been Starbucks cards, but I also collect stuffed animals (once in a while) and quilt books. It used to be regular books as well, but found the library to be much cheaper, since I rarely reread most books. :) If I had more money, there are so many things that are collectable. As it is, I have 3 sewing machines and a LA.

Carol Jean 03-16-2014 05:07 PM

Vintage fabric, vintage sewing items, tea pots, thimbles, Fenton Hobnob Glassware, vintage sewing machines, antique glassware, and antique quilts.

Learner747 03-16-2014 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Learner747 (Post 6627969)
I have collected British china cups and saucers, old books and Bibles, penny stocks, and best of all Grandchildren.

Oh, yes...I nearly forgot. I also collect Male Angel figurines, gold and silver coins, and dirt from other countries - so far Australia, Afghanistan, Ireland, Hawaii (I know it's a state but it is beautiful), and Korea.

JanieH 03-16-2014 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Woodster (Post 6627152)
My house collects dust.........

My collection is older - they have already full-grown dust bunnies!

solstice3 03-16-2014 06:33 PM

I collect fairies...started with Boyd fairies, then went to kitchen fairies. Down sized homes and have little room to start a new line. :-)

Cagey 03-16-2014 06:36 PM

I collect teddy bears. Have over 50 now - some small and some over 3' tall and they all make me smile. Couldn't part with any of them.