Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What do you collect ~ besides fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-do-you-collect-%7E-besides-fabric-t243220.html)

JuneBillie 03-15-2014 09:10 PM

My grandmother used her willow wear dishes for the whole family. I always loved it. I guess one of my aunts have it today.

I love those bunnies. I have one that I am putting next to my fireplace soon in a little wooden rocking chair.

I use to collect porcelain dolls, but don't have them all now. I gave a set to my dear mil the last time she was here. They were twins (boy and girl with little plaid outfits, and wire glasses). They were about 2 feet tall. I have an Indian doll gave to me by a teacher, a beautiful bride doll, and Spanish doll bought for me by my son and daughter in law. They are on stands, and have all the little pretty details. I also have a couple of little clown dolls sitting in wicker chairs. One hanging garden doll. I use to have a pretty Japanese doll brought back to me from the Philippines, but my daughter in law has it now.

I also love to collect pretty dishes such as saucers/cups, teapots, and any unusual dish pieces.

BETTY62 03-15-2014 09:53 PM

Mostly dust since I can't quilt and clean at the same time. LOL

Quiltaddict 03-15-2014 10:05 PM

books, cowboy boots, well really any western decor items, used to collect owls, then Garfield the Cat so still have a few of those too.

Quiltaddiction 03-15-2014 10:26 PM

I collect lots of things too. Elephants, Teddy Bears, teaspoons, primitive dolls, vintage evening bags, fabric of course, and my DH has a collection of cat figurines.

Anniedeb 03-15-2014 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Conartist1945 (Post 6627385)
I'm with you Woodster...you can write your name in the dust...just don't leave the date!

I have that saying on a plaque, hanging in the entryway! (Next to the one that says "my house was clean last week, sorry you missed it!"...as for collecting.....hearts, chickens, ducks, apples, clocks, Santas, D56, antique lapel pins, and Wizard of Oz Ornaments. However... I am on a self imposed moratorium...NO MORE ROOM!!!;)

wanda lou 03-15-2014 11:05 PM

Very cool thread.

I have way too many collections, vintage buttons, old mason jars usually filled with buttons, old Crocks, and Skulls not real ones, and other Day of the dead stuff. (I seen someone else collects skulls.)

icul8rg8r 03-16-2014 01:24 AM

I can't seem to stop collecting quilting and sewing books! If I lived to be 100, and could make a quilt a day, I still wouldn't even be half way through my collection! But I love pouring over them!

psychonurse 03-16-2014 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by DebbieJJ (Post 6627101)
Books - both reading and crafting, baskets, yarn (waiting on me to crochet into something!), sheet music for the piano and organ, music for listening to. Looking at my house, you'd think I collect junk, but I use most of it, and if I don't, I just haven't found time to clean it out!:p At least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

Did u see recently someone of Craigs list in Bham had sheet music listed?

misspriss 03-16-2014 03:25 AM

Roosters of all kinds, ceramic, fabric, stuffed, no live ones tho.

Diana Lea 03-16-2014 04:03 AM

I read all the post on this thread. I am very impressed with the interesting stuff we collect. I started collecting fat. I have gained 40 lbs. Last year. Also Betty Boop, deck of cards from places I have been. Pillsbury , see, hear and speck no evil. green M & M's. Pink depression glass and dead people ( genealogy ). Put my favorite thing to collect is alimony checks.