Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What Do You Dislike or Hate About Summer (or Any season) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-do-you-dislike-hate-about-summer-any-season-t47713.html)

marsye 06-04-2010 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by tryitall
OMGoodness! Bless your little heart! We are supposed to have heat indexes at 100+ degrees this weekend. That humidity really sticks it to you!

I know!! Here in Arkansas too! Its getting too hot way too soon!!! :thumbdown:

borntoquilt 06-04-2010 12:02 PM

WOW! It is still raining "buckets" here in N.W. WA (on the Canadian border!)

marsye 06-04-2010 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by borntoquilt

Send us some of those buckets!!!! :lol: :lol:

tryitall 06-04-2010 12:05 PM

Yeah! The way Spring came is so cool, I thought maybe Summer would start out cool. But I guess it decided to hit us with everything it has!

karendenice 06-04-2010 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by marsye

Originally Posted by borntoquilt

Send us some of those buckets!!!! :lol: :lol:

I want some buckets too. 8-) It's too darn hot in the summers here. Would love to live in Maine. Love all the weathers up there. :D :D :D

pab58 06-04-2010 01:35 PM

As far as the weather is concerned, I can't stand the humidity!! YUCKY, YUCKY, YUCKY!!! It makes me cranky and my hair looks like it's been in a light socket!!

Right now my biggest complaint around here is all the road construction -- IT'S ABSOLUTELY EVERYWHERE!!!! North, south, east, and west -- all at the same time!! I have to keep altering my route nearly every other day! Just when I think I have finally hit upon a good one, those little ugly orange flowers pop up!!! They are also known as barricades! I'm so thankful that all those people have jobs (since my fiance has been laid off for one year now), but enough of the dirt and gravel and sitting in traffic and wasting fuel and smelling car fumes and having stones fly up and hit my car which chips my paint and sometimes it's taking me 30 minutes longer to get home in the evening!!!!! ARGH!!!

Okay, I'm through venting now!

SuziC 06-04-2010 01:38 PM

Here where i live...upstate ny... there is no pleasing anyone with the weather. If it's summer, people complain it's too hot. In winter they say it's too cold. Spring is too wet and fall is just muddy.....I say Just enjoy whatever kind of weather you get on any given day! (It may be your last)

marsye 06-04-2010 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by SuziC
Here where i live...upstate ny... there is no pleasing anyone with the weather. If it's summer, people complain it's too hot. In winter they say it's too cold. Spring is too wet and fall is just muddy.....I say Just enjoy whatever kind of weather you get on any given day! (It may be your last)

I agree but can we leave out summer? :lol:

smagruder 06-05-2010 03:13 AM

Heat in the summer.... truly makes me sick.... heat strokes are horrible. Used to love the sun... can't do it much anymore.

Panda 06-05-2010 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by pab58
As far as the weather is concerned, I can't stand the humidity!! YUCKY, YUCKY, YUCKY!!! It makes me cranky and my hair looks like it's been in a light socket!!

Right now my biggest complaint around here is all the road construction -- IT'S ABSOLUTELY EVERYWHERE!!!! North, south, east, and west -- all at the same time!! I have to keep altering my route nearly every other day! Just when I think I have finally hit upon a good one, those little ugly orange flowers pop up!!! They are also known as barricades! I'm so thankful that all those people have jobs (since my fiance has been laid off for one year now), but enough of the dirt and gravel and sitting in traffic and wasting fuel and smelling car fumes and having stones fly up and hit my car which chips my paint and sometimes it's taking me 30 minutes longer to get home in the evening!!!!! ARGH!!!

Okay, I'm through venting now!

Now ya know, there are really only 2 seasons in Michigan right?
Winter and Road Construction! :lol: