Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What Do You Dislike or Hate About Summer (or Any season) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-do-you-dislike-hate-about-summer-any-season-t47713.html)

canmitch1971 05-31-2010 08:21 AM

I don't like winter at all. I don't like the cold, I don't like having to wear all those clothes and most of all I don't like having to drive to work in the snow or freezing rain. Spring is my favourite time with all the new trees, flowers, buds and all the new baby birds and animals.

QuiltingGrannie 05-31-2010 08:58 AM

HATE winter when it snows, is icy and gray all the time.
Give me SUNSHINE!
I like spring and fall the best. - flowers and fall colors and nice temps.
Love the sun of summer, the thunder storms.

FancyFoot 05-31-2010 09:08 AM

I don't like 110+ degrees for weeks in a row

Lisa773 05-31-2010 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by marsye
I hate summer and everything that comes with it! :thumbdown:

Let it snow! :thumbup:

I hear ya sister!!!! Give me snow any day of the week over hot and humid.
68, sunny, and breezy/windy is my ideal day.

Elizabeth-Liz 05-31-2010 11:28 AM

Since I have lived in West Texas summers are kinda fun. No humidity and there is usually always a breeze, so when it is 100 degrees here it usually feels more like 95 with a nice breeze. But I hate having to water my Mother's plants when she is off visiting family. I am not a yard person. Like to mow, but not maintain plants.

Scissor Queen 05-31-2010 12:15 PM

There's too much light in the early summer and it gives me insomnia. The heat just sucks the life right out of me too. I live for fall.

mamaw 05-31-2010 04:46 PM

Mosquitoes and high humidity.

marsye 05-31-2010 04:57 PM

I hate the heat, humidity, bees, wasp, snakes, dusty roads, more traffic on the highways, spiders, the higher gas prices, did I mention the heat?, constant racket of lawn mowers and weed whackers rumbling, mosquitoes, these damn fireants.........shall I go on? :lol:

Pamela Artman 05-31-2010 05:09 PM

Spring - love it after the mud dries up! Love the flowers! Love gardening
Summer - I hate temps over 80 and humidity. I like it better since we moved to the upper peninsula (Michigan). Average temps around 75 and usually a nice breeze. Last week it hit 90! Everyone was saying "What the heck was that?????" Very unusual for up here. But the mosquitoes up here? They don't bite, they just pick you up and carry you away.
Fall - love it! Love the cooler temps, love wearing sweatshirts, love the colors, love the bugs going away!
Winter - interestingly enough, I don't hate it like I thought I would up here. It may be a little colder than downstate, but cold is cold, so it doesn't seem to bother me at all. And we get LOTS more snow up here, but it's kinda fun to watch the snow pile up and see how high it gets (to the top of roofs in some areas). And since it snows almost every day, it's always white and pretty! And they take good care of the roads, seems like better than downstate. It's also nicer because I retired and don't have to drive in winter anymore!

craftybear 05-31-2010 09:19 PM

I hate the mosquitos, hot weather, just can't take the heat no more