Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What Do You Dislike or Hate About Summer (or Any season) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-do-you-dislike-hate-about-summer-any-season-t47713.html)

Beth33 06-01-2010 12:54 AM

hate summer - too hot and bees

maryb119 06-01-2010 04:56 AM

I hate having to go to work and not being able to enjoy long summer days.

Jingle 06-01-2010 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa773

Originally Posted by marsye
I hate summer and everything that comes with it! :thumbdown:

Let it snow! :thumbup:

I hear ya sister!!!! Give me snow any day of the week over hot and humid.
68, sunny, and breezy/windy is my ideal day.

I'm with you Ladies, hate the heat, humidity and bugs. 80 is absolutely the hottest I can stand it.

lfw045 06-01-2010 08:20 AM

Humidity gets to me.....I can't do heat anymore either and I absolutely despise (sp) the bugs......lol!

Favorite Fabrics 06-01-2010 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by IrishNY
I get depressed if the sun shines too many days in a row.

I thought I was the only one who reacted like this! Maybe it's because I can't feel "happy/up" ALL of the time... and when it's sunny, I don't feel I have the right to be "down". Hence I find that I need a rainy day.

Spring - I love seeing the earth spring back to life.
Summer - it's wonderful to sleep with the windows open!
Fall - the colors in the landscape are grand! And it's apple season!
Winter - probably my least favorite season, for lack of color, plus I'm cold all the time. Still, I love a fresh snowfall, and even a blizzard if everyone I love is safe at home.

Scissor Queen 06-01-2010 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics

Originally Posted by IrishNY
I get depressed if the sun shines too many days in a row.

I thought I was the only one who reacted like this! Maybe it's because I can't feel "happy/up" ALL of the time... and when it's sunny, I don't feel I have the right to be "down". Hence I find that I need a rainy day.

Spring - I love seeing the earth spring back to life.
Summer - it's wonderful to sleep with the windows open!
Fall - the colors in the landscape are grand! And it's apple season!
Winter - probably my least favorite season, for lack of color, plus I'm cold all the time. Still, I love a fresh snowfall, and even a blizzard if everyone I love is safe at home.

I live where there's a lot of green in the winter. I live in an area where they grow a lot of winter wheat and it comes up in the fall and is nice and dark green all winter long. When you go someplace there's miles and miles of nice green fields.

iltoaz 06-01-2010 08:52 AM

We have GREAT weather from November to May - THEN the summer gets here. Actually July and August are pretty brutal. It sure helps to sit by the pool and cool off. There is not such thing as dry heat - hot is hot!!!!!

damaquilts 06-02-2010 03:40 AM

Heat and humidity. They go together here in GA

damaquilts 06-02-2010 03:46 AM

Just an FYI. My DD is the type that the bugs love. She found the OFF clip-on works really well for her. She can mow the entire lawn and not get a single bite. Before even with spray she would come in the house looking like she had chicken pox.
I saw some people didn't like the bugs. I am lucky for some reason they don't like me at all. Maybe because I take garlic pills pretty much every day. Don't know

Karyn 06-02-2010 05:09 AM

Isn't it wonderful that GOD controls the weather and not us!! What a mess we would make