Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What Do You Dislike or Hate About Summer (or Any season) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-do-you-dislike-hate-about-summer-any-season-t47713.html)

roseOfsharon 06-02-2010 07:27 PM

Summer: Being extremely hot is a problem, but I find staying inside and doing things, like quilting :) is nice. Go outside when it cools down in the early evening or in the mornings! I love not having to wear a coat. I love seeing the flowers and the birds/butterflies. I love the smell of freshly cut grass and BBQ's grilling. I love the sound of laughter as kids play outside. I love knowing the days are longer! And most of all I love the fresh vegetables that come from local gardens and some plants of my own! The End :)

winter012 06-02-2010 07:30 PM

I hate, and I do mean HATE the HEAT and SUN everyday and sweating that goes with them. El Paso has really hot although dry (thank God for small favors!) summers that start in April and go on through October, The only break is the "Monsoon Season", that approximate 2 month period that extends from late July through September, which is our rainy season of wonderful afternoon thunderstorms. Other than that, many things have been mentioned by other people already, such as allergies, Fire Ants, sunburn, etc. Personally, I love fall & winter, especially winter!

winter012

JAGSD 06-02-2010 07:46 PM

The only thing I dislike and I hate about Summer is that it is not near long enough................ May 12th we had our last snow storm here in SD.

HisPatchwork 06-03-2010 06:14 AM

I love summer because my grandaughters are out of school and get to come sew and spend time with me while Momma works. I really miss them when they are in school.
I prefer the hot weather to cold any day!

Grinster 06-03-2010 06:20 AM

I hate any temp over 80, high humidity, thunderstorms, May Flies, Black Flies, Mosquitos, June Bugs, Air Conditioning (I would rather have the fresh breezes come thru the open windows. Give me a winter blizzard anyday!

GladGrams 06-03-2010 06:30 AM

I LOVE "summer" because:

It is warm and so much sunlight. Here in Norway we have daylight about 22 hours a day in the summer and it makes me feel so energetic!

Strawberries and fresh veggies

Get to spend time with grandkids in the states for month of July each year.

May in Jersey 06-03-2010 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Humidity turns my sweet self into the wicked witch of the midwest :D

Me too. May in Jersey

LogCabinLady 06-03-2010 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by marsye
I hate summer and everything that comes with it! :thumbdown:

Let it snow! :thumbup:

AMEN!!!!!

tryitall 06-03-2010 10:57 AM

I hate the summer heat and humidity!!!!!!Calgon, take me away to Alaska! Prefer the fall season. Good temps, low humidity, beautiful colors.

Marge L. 06-03-2010 03:20 PM

Heat and humidity are for the birds. I'm not so sure they really like it. How many times I've looked out the window and envisioned a big snow drift on the patio. If it would stay in the low 70s, I'd be fine.