Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What Do You Do? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-do-you-do-t87778.html)

fabricmaniac 01-05-2011 08:04 AM

My computer desk is also in my quilt studio so I wheel back and forth on my hardwood floor (pulled the carpet up 4 years ago - best thing I ever did). I have iTunes on my computer having loaded up over 50 CDs. So I usually just put it on iTunes DJ which randomly picks from all my favorites or I can choose to just hear Sting, Chris Botti, Josh Grobin, Elton John, etc. not to mention all my favorite female vocalists... Sarah Brightman, Loreena McKennett, Charlotte Church, Corinne Bailey Ray, Linda Eder, or tons of Irish music! Ok, I'm done!

AgapeStitches 01-05-2011 08:09 AM

Thanks for the link. I just listen to the radio or listen to the dogs howl while i sew. They don't like the sound of my machine or they think the house should always be quiet.

sewTinker 01-05-2011 08:11 AM

My quilting corner is at one end of our bedroom, and the tv & bed at the other. I keep the tv in my room on. I'm hard-of-hearing, so can't understand it unless I am in front of it, but still like it on. It fills my ears with softness.

amandasgramma 01-05-2011 08:13 AM

Okay -- I don't understand. It say FREE audio books but with a 14 day trial!! I read down below and you have to join and pay $14.95 a month!!!!!!! How is that FREE???

fabricmaniac 01-05-2011 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by AgapeStitches
Thanks for the link. I just listen to the radio or listen to the dogs howl while i sew. They don't like the sound of my machine or they think the house should always be quiet.

Lucky you in Gastonia!! I'll never forget going to MaryJo's a couple of times when we traveled cross-county AZ to MA! It's a paradise, but then when I lived in MA it only took 90 minutes to go to Keepsake!!!

bunniequilter 01-05-2011 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Okay -- I don't understand. It say FREE audio books but with a 14 day trial!! I read down below and you have to join and pay $14.95 a month!!!!!!! How is that FREE???

Not sure what you are refering to, I have already downloaded dozens of books am currently listening to one....you have me baffled :shock:

CraftyGardenMom 01-05-2011 08:43 AM

I listen to Podcasts (mainly quilting and knitting) or audiobooks I get from the library.

Tanesha

AgapeStitches 01-05-2011 08:59 AM

I haven't found any where that says you have to pay anything. I just downloaded A Christmas Carol.

bunniequilter 01-05-2011 09:34 AM

I see now where it says 14.95,that's for another site advertising on the free book site.

Treasureit 01-05-2011 09:42 AM

I listen to a Christian Music station, but my Husband bought me an Ipod for Christmas and a TV for the room...the Ipod I wanted, but the TV is just OK...I guess I can put on the news now and then and maybe some music channel, but I can't watch and sew at all!