Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What do you want? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-do-you-want-t29116.html)

MadQuilter 11-22-2009 11:19 AM

See, when you're a Baaaa-Humbug, nobody asks that question. As Martha would say: and that's a good thing.

Hope you get your ticket. :lol:

quiltnut4ever 11-22-2009 11:22 AM

Like you I have no idea, except for a yankee candle. My kids can't figure it out and I keep telling them that I have what I have. I'm giving to those who are in need and I asked them to do the same.

Scissor Queen 11-22-2009 12:39 PM

I want my husband to have a new job. Some place else.

Quilt4u 11-22-2009 12:43 PM

What I want is to see my GS I missed him on Halloween because we were both sick.

beachlady 11-22-2009 12:57 PM

Last year when this was asked I said I wanted to be pain free and I almost am, so this year I will be happy with nothing!!!

Or maybe that my new kitchen will be done by Christmas - cabinets not even arriving until the week of Dec. 14th, so it will be close!

amma 11-22-2009 03:00 PM

Terri you are right on getting the best of Christmas presents...those little bundles that come unwrapped will be so much fun wrapping up in YOUR gifts :D :D :D

I am feeling the same as most of you....I truly have all that I need, and would prefer that my kids and family focus on the little ones this year. Times are so tough for everyone, it breaks my heart thinking about how many are doing without the necessities!!! I usually pick a few names off of the local trees and shop for those little ones :wink:

bearisgray 11-22-2009 03:21 PM

I would like my second born to have an income. I am very grateful that his health is relatively good now.

DJ 11-22-2009 03:33 PM

There actually are a few things that I want for Christmas. Nothing big and nothing I couldn't go out and buy for myself, but my family would appreciate some ideas . . . I'm making a list of quilting books I'd like to have (that I've heard about here). Also some gardening gloves and a digital picture keychain. I went ahead and bought a 1/4" presser foot 'cause I need it.

We have also been blessed with a wonderfuly family, adequate home and income, so we share with those less fortunate and give to charities throughout the year, and especially at Christmas time.

Charlee 11-22-2009 03:38 PM

I can think of several things that I need for this "new again" hobby of quilting...but I'd sure rather for my children to get settled with jobs, homes, etc. , I can build a stash piece by piece...and pick up the other things I'd like to have as time goes by...but not if I have to keep bailing them out of financial problems!

If I was to dream REALLY BIG....I'd want to move to the Ozarks and make a home there...as a stay at home wife! ~sigh~

STAR 11-22-2009 04:01 PM

Oh I could make a really really long list of "wants" but things that my family and I need are so much more important. we will probably just buy for our kids and maybe somethiing small for eachother. But you know what I would like .............Christmas cards!! no one sends them anymore :cry: isn't that just sad, I remember when I was little we would hang them over the archway that entered into the living room. now I think the only x-mas cards we get are from the BILLS, like car insurance, etc.!! :lol: :lol: This small gesture from family would be so nice considering all the money troubles that everyone is going through. :mrgreen: