Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What do you want? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-do-you-want-t29116.html)

tlrnhi 11-22-2009 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever
Like you I have no idea, except for a yankee candle. My kids can't figure it out and I keep telling them that I have what I have. I'm giving to those who are in need and I asked them to do the same.

One year, all I wanted was this piggy bank that was in the shape of a cat, it was pink and I could get my name on it. Do you think I got it? Nope!! Took my family 3 years before they FINALLY realized I was serious and wanted it. Yes, I FINALLY got it. lol

sharon b 11-22-2009 08:39 PM

The age old question hhhmmm...My sons just started asking last week and like most others I don't need anything... Wants there are some. but my kids are so picky... I told them gift cards to my LQS and they said absoluteyly NOT :twisted: that I already have enough to be the LQS :shock: I do not :oops:

amma 11-22-2009 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
The age old question hhhmmm...My sons just started asking last week and like most others I don't need anything... Wants there are some. but my kids are so picky... I told them gift cards to my LQS and they said absoluteyly NOT :twisted: that I already have enough to be the LQS :shock: I do not :oops:

Ahhh time to be "crafty" a few hints for a visa gift card to buy something "personal for yourself" and what is more "personal" that being able to get "close and personal" with some fabric at the LQS??? LMBO

Sandy1951 11-23-2009 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by STAR
Oh I could make a really really long list of "wants" but things that my family and I need are so much more important. we will probably just buy for our kids and maybe somethiing small for eachother. But you know what I would like .............Christmas cards!! no one sends them anymore :cry: isn't that just sad, I remember when I was little we would hang them over the archway that entered into the living room. now I think the only x-mas cards we get are from the BILLS, like car insurance, etc.!! :lol: :lol: This small gesture from family would be so nice considering all the money troubles that everyone is going through. :mrgreen:

Star, we always hang our Christmas cards over and beside the archway that goes into our living room, too. I've always loved doing that; walking through the archway was like being surrounded by loving thoughts from friends and family. We used to have to put them two and three deep to get them all up, but last year they didn't even go all the way around. I miss getting them, but I have to admit I've gotten bad about sending them out myself. I think I'll still got the cards I bought to send last year, sigh...

Moonpi 11-23-2009 01:07 AM

I would really like a steady job, making a living wage. If it came with insurance, that would be even better.

bearisgray 11-23-2009 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b

exactly the response I get - so then ask what I WANT?

beachlady 11-23-2009 04:13 AM

Star, pm your addy and I will send you lots of cards to hang up! I always buy them after Christmas and the last couple of years have been bad about sending them out!!

STAR 11-23-2009 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by beachlady
Star, pm your addy and I will send you lots of cards to hang up! I always buy them after Christmas and the last couple of years have been bad about sending them out!!

I to quit sending them but not befor eI quit getting them. I guess I felt like I was wasting my time on family that didn't want to keep in touch :cry: but now I have new friends here that I can send greetings to!! :D

STAR 11-23-2009 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by redquilter
PM your address and I'll be happy to send you a Christmas card! Like you, I think they're a big part of the holiday.

were you talking to me??

redquilter 11-23-2009 05:04 AM

Star - yes I was talking to you and I'm serious! :-)