Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What have you ALWAYS wondered about? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-have-you-always-wondered-about-t70171.html)

littlehud 10-14-2010 05:49 PM

I wonder the same things about my cats. Maybe I don't want to know. :lol: :lol: :lol:

bkb 10-14-2010 05:51 PM

I have always wondered what my dad was really like. (he died just before I was born).

luckylindy333 10-14-2010 06:00 PM

I wonder why all my scissors are dull! Sorry about your Dad, bkb.

Annaquilts 10-14-2010 06:03 PM

Well I can answer that question about one shoe along a freeway going North in California. we went on vacation and for whatever reason DH decided to stop the car along the road and open the trailer. I arived at my vacation destination with one sandal. :? Not a good thing. They were wonderful shoes too.

Annaquilts 10-14-2010 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by luckylindy333
I wonder why all my scissors are dull! Sorry about your Dad, bkb.

I wonder where all my scissors are. LOL

pab58 10-14-2010 06:20 PM

I know someone who was traveling out west with her husband and realized that her door (passenger side) wasn't closed all the way. She opened it up, and out fell one of her brand new shoes!! She yelled for her husband to stop. He did, and then rant back to get it. While running to pick it up along comes a big tractor trailer truck and ran right over it!! :lol: She made him pick it up anyway because she said she had paid a lot of money for that shoe and wasn't going to leave it on the highway!! :lol: :lol: :lol: She didn't even mind the tire treads that went across it!!! :lol: :lol: I would imagine that most people simply leave their shoe where it falls so that would explain all the orphan shoes we see. :roll:

Shelbie 10-14-2010 06:24 PM

Check inside your couch or big chair. I lost my best Singer shears in l973 while living at university. I moved many times in the next 35 years. Not long ago, the arm came loose on my old antique Cogswell rocker that my aunt had given me to use in my first apartment. I turned it upside down, removed the fabric botton and worked my hand up inside to tighten the nut back on for the loose arm. Voila!!! Missing scissors, all these years later. I have no idea why they didn't surface when the chair was moved. I guess they were tightly wedged up in the springs. They are still just like new (were only a few months old when I lost them) and cut just fine.

Ditter43 10-14-2010 06:24 PM

I always figured it was little kids throwing them out the window....Makes you wonder!! :lol:

craftybear 10-14-2010 06:27 PM

I wonder about my grandma, as she died the day after I was born. She lived long enough to know that she had a granddaughter. She was a hand quilter and my dad still has one of her old quilts. She would be so proud of me quilting now and also with all of my flower beds.

I have some easter lillies that she planted on the farm along with another flower in my flower beds.

I sure miss my grandma!

Sadiemae 10-14-2010 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Daisygirl
I wonder where all the socks go?

Me too! Is there a large mouse that only steals one sock of each pair?